Assignment 1: Workforce Planning for a Retail Store
Tanglewood is a chain of general retail stores featuring items such as clothing, appliances,
electronics, and home dcor. The company operates in the moderate price range, targeting middle
and upper incom
Review Sheet for Exam 1
Introduction to Staffing
1. Define staffing and explain the characteristics of a good staffing system.
2. Outline why companies should do a good job of staffing and how staffing impacts other HR
3. Explain the different
Identify the top 3 KSAs from the job
description given by your partner
Write 3 behavioral and/or situational questions
for each KSA. Decide which questions you will
ask during the interview.
Create rating scales for the questions
There are sometimes unsatisfied or difficult clients when planning and executing
events. Tell me about a time when you encountered a conflict with a customer and
how you handled the situation.
Let it resolve As
1. Trains managers using current laws,
restrictions, and corporate practices
to inform on the topics of equal
employment opportunity, sexual
harassment, interviewing, hiring,
performance review and safety.
Selection Test 2
On the following pages, there are phrases describing people's behaviors. Please use the rating
scale below to describe how accurately each statement describes you. Describe yourself as you
generally are now, not as you wish to be in the f
Pick a job that you are interested in and have
Create a list of tasks and KSAs (in the proper
O*Net, old job descriptions
Interviews, surveys, or observations with
incumbents or supervisors
Create a task and KSA inventory
Review Sheet for Exam 2
1. Define measurement, explain its purposes, and the process of using it in staffing.
2. Define standardization and explain the three components of measures that should be
3. Explain the different levels o