PRACTICE TEST1 0:0 155
ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND COMPOSITION EXAM
' SECTION I: Multiple-Choice Questions
Total time: 1 hour
Number of questions: 54
Directions: This part consists of selections from prose works and questions on their
2017 HRQ 14-2 Due April 4
Identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1. Attribution theory was designed to account for
a. the process of revealing intimate aspects of ourselves to others.
b. the impact
Chapter 7 & 9: The Mole and Chemical Equation
1. Identify substances that are commonly measured by: count, mass, and volume
Count: Eggs, pencils, etc.
Mass: Atoms, Weights
2. Describe how Avogadros number is related to a mole
Unit 6: Balancing Equations, Chemical Reactions, and
1. Identify reactants and products in a chemical reaction.
2. Write chemical equations from a written description of a chemical reaction using
Ex 1) When
Unit 4: Chemical Bonding Objectives (Chapters 15 & 16)
1. Describe the formation of a cation from an atom of a metallic element using the
octet rule and the importance of noble gas electron configuration.
Cation: an ion with a positive charge that has los
Honors Chemistry Unit 3 Study Guide
Electrons in Atoms (Ch. 13)
1. Explain the atomic emission spectrum of an element using Bohrs model of the atom.
Higher energy levels are further from the nucleus. For an electron to go
to a higher energy level it must