Current electricity notes
When the ends of an electric conductor are at different electric potentials, charge flows from one end to
When there is no potential difference, there is no longer a flow of charge through the conductor
Physics notes to transfer to paper:
Work, energy, and power:
Work is force times distance. (w=f*d)
Work can be done to you or done by you.
Work is a measure of expended energy.
Unit of work: Joules (j)
Work is a scalar quantity.
Work depends on the amount
24 March 2017
Brain VS Spinal Cord Case Study
I think Dr. Green made the correct assumption,
Blurry eye sight and headaches are the only similar physical effects.
The similar effects that Mike has with a spinal cord i
22 March 2017
Wearing Her Nerves Case Study
Part One: Rise and Shine?
1. The Central Nervous System, The Peripheral Nervous System, and brain and spinal cord
are all components of physical sensation. Sensory impulse move throughout
28 March 2017
The Tired Swimmer
Part One: Meet Annie
1. Blurred vision, eye strain, fatigue, trouble grasping, out of breath, tired
2. All of her symptoms relate back to fatigue, stress, and exhaustion.
3. Her shortness of breath co
28 March 2017
The Game Changer Case Study
Part One: Youth League: Anthony, Age 12
1. Certain sections, such as these, depict the beings, both good and evil, that inhabit the
Underworld and may help - or hinder - the deceased. This p
24 March 2017
Cranial nerves are categorized as a part of the peripheral nervous system. The 12 pairs of
cranial nerves are numbered sequentially from anterior to posterior. ROMAN numerals are
always used when referen
Its Just Stress, Right? A Case Study on the Endocrine System
Part One: Frustration
1. Note anything unusual about Ellies behavior or appearance.
- Her hands were trembling and she was crying. Her eyes were also dilated. She is so worried
about her perform
I Can See Clearly Now Case study
1. What condition or conditions (there may be more than one possibility) are being
described in this case?
Visual agnosia and ideomotor apraxia.
2. What brain area or area(s) may be involved? Be sure to consider which visu
Chemical Eric: Dealing with the Disintegration of Central Control
Part One: At Fifteen.
1. What hormonal problem could be causing these symptoms?
- His thyroid and pituitary gland isnt working, his testes didnt mature, and his adrenal glands
From bubonic plague to AIDS to the Guinea worm parasite, scientists and public health officials
have struggled to understand and contain the spread of infectious diseases. Using simple
reagents, participants will simulate the spread of a simp
Bioengineering the Pancreas
1. The human body wants blood glucose maintained in a thin range.
2. Insulin and glucagon are the hormones which cause this. Both insulin and glucagon are
secreted from the pancreas, and are referred to as pancreatic e
Driving Can Be Dangerous to Your Health:
An Interrupted Case Study in Physiology
Part One: The Grandparents Arrive
1. What factors can trigger an asthmatic episode?
- Infections, usually those caused by a virus like colds or flu
- Allergens, most commonly
Sickle Cell Anemia
Part One: The Inquiry Begins
1. Why did Dr. Castle not tell Dr. Pauling initially which samples came from the sickle-celled
- So that Dr. Pauling could not claim the fame for his findings.
2. From these results, what level(
"Into Thin Air"
A Case Study in Physiology
Part One: Mt. Denali, Alaska, 17,660 Feet
1. What types of physiological problems do humans encounter at high altitudes?
- Headaches, dizziness/lightheadedness, shortness of breath, fatigue.
2. What symptoms did
1. Jenns boyfriend left her, she has no friends anymore because she would just spend time with
her boyfriend and she has been working with terminal patients (cancer)
2. She should stop thinking about her boyfriend and not give up on being a nurse, because
CASE STUDY ABOUT INFLUENZA - Francesca
1. Influenza viruses are spherical particles, ranging
from 80 to 120 mm in diameter.
The structure of influenza virus is complicated: One of
the unique aspects of influenza is its ability to mutate
Human Anatomy & Physiology
All typed assignments must include the following heading:
Name (first and last)
Part #1 Summer Reading
THE IMMORTAL LIFE OF HENRIETTA LACKS
Name: Jared Daniel
Finding Your Threshold of Taste
The objective of this experiment is to determine the lowest concentration of a substance
dissolved in water, which can still be tasted. Substances used are sugar, salt, and vinegar.
1. This could be for several reasons. One of them could be to prevent the test from trying to
find an issue and difference between the samples, but the most likely reason was to
prevent Dr. Pauling for taking the results and publishing them as his
1. Carlie Marie Jackson, a first semester graduate student in Audiology, was having difficulty staying
awake in her afternoon class.
2. The only time she relaxed was when she slept.
3. Professor Wilson now had Carlas attention as he discussed age r
1. Her hands were trembling and she was crying. Her eyes were also dilated. She is so
worried about her performance that it is interrupting her sleep cycle and she cant focus
for very long. She is very doubtful of herself and brings herself do
Many conditions and/or other things are being described in this case and I really believe
that it is described throughout these passages.
2. The brain is a large area and the question notes that it is somewhere around the back of
1. The human body wants blood glucose (blood sugar) maintained in a very narrow range
2. Insulin and glucagon are the hormones which make this happen. Both insulin and
glucagon are secreted from the pancreas, and thus are referred to as pancreatic
a. It is a 50% chance that the other son was Hemophilic. It depends on which X
chromosome he received from his mother if he received the faulty X chromosome
than he would be Hemophilic
b. It is a 25% chance that the daughter will be a carrier because t
1. He is probably without his t3 and t4 hormones, testosterones and others.
2. Since he grew really fast, his joints didnt develop well, and since testosterones helps
maintain the bones healthy and his levels are low, he is having trouble because o
2. Dr. Siddiqui listens to Angela and then examines her ears, eyes, and throat; she also
listens to Angelas lungs and heart, and palpates her neck and abdomen.
1. You find information on hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, goiter, Graves
Supply & Demand Choice project
Fill in the blank
1. Demand is the _desire_, _willingness_, and _ability_ to buy a good or service.
2. Normal goods- as income _increase_ , the demand increases
trying to get
IS what he
to get his
Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God
God is being portrayed as an angry God.