On your own
Read the questions and follow the instructions. Save your work and upload to the portal.
For sentences 1 and 2, rewrite to correct the parallelism errors.
1. For breakfast, she had scrambled e
Your name: Jennifer L. Williams
Verb Tense Quiz
Select the correct verb for each sentence
1. For ten weeks, their interactive Web Seminars (was, were) attended by over 700,000
people from around the world.
2. When Oprah
Name: _Jennifer L. Williams_Date: _July 24, 2012_
In-Class Source-Citing Exercise
Directions: List the following 3 sources, formatted correctly using APA documentation.
NOTE: You may use any resources available to help you your Writers Brief Handbook, a
Name: Jennifer Williams
Parts of Speech Quiz
Select the verb in the following sentence.
1. She spies on suspected nannies with a tiny camera.
2. Instead, she became a private investigator.
NAME: Jennifer Williams
Confusing Word pairs
Select the correct word for the following sentences.
1. He is uninterested in sushi, but he loves Chinese food.
2. He hung his shirt on the clothes line to dry.
3. As she said, practice makes perf
APA 6th Edition Citation Style Exercise part 1
Write the appropriate citation for the items below:
Babb, L. A., & Laws, R. (1997). Adopting and advocating for the special needs child: a guide for parents and professionals. Westport,