Consider the significance of the accounting equation, the rules of debit and credit, and the
steps in the accounting cycle. Also, consider the recording of transactions, normal balances,
and the creation of the trial balance.
1. What is the role of the ac
1. How is the stockholders' equity section of a corporate balance sheet different from that in a single-owner business? Discuss at least 3 differences.
Post a cohesive and scholarly response based on your readings and research this week. Make sure that yo
1. How is the stockholders' equity section of a corporate balance sheet different from that in a singleowner business? Discuss at least 3 differences.
Stockholders equity includes information denoting the number of authorized, issued and outstanding
To prepare for this discussion, consider the difference between cash-basis and accrual-basis
accounting, the importance of revenue recognition and matching principles, and the role of
adjusting and closing entries in the preparation of the income statemen
The earned income credit was originally enacted in 1975, and over the years it has grown to be one of the principal
antipoverty programs in the federal budget. The credit was expanded significa
Federal Tax Law effect on Individual Tax Payer
11:15 AM MT
There are two objectives to this Course Project.
Analyze tax laws.
How does tax law effect the individual tax payer?
These objectives, while straightforward, are critic
Discussion Week 5
To prepare for this discussion, consider how companies have a significant amount of
investment in long-lived assets, which include property, plant and equipment (commonly
referred to as Plant Assets), and intangible assets.
1. What kind
1. What is the concept of sustainable income?
2. Can you describe in your own words, without just reproducing the definition from the
textbook? Can you give an example of what this number may look like by using the income
statement of a real-life company?
To prepare for this discussion, consider the accounting for inventory transactions of
merchandising companies, the two formats of preparing the income statement, and how to
evaluate the profitability of a merchandising company.
1. How is the income statem