1 de septiembre de 2016
Hermenegildo Galeana nacio el 13 de abril de 1762 en Tecpan de Galeana, Guerrero. El
venia de una familia de hacendados criollos. Un criollo es una persona de descendencia
Chapter 13: European Society in the Age of the Renaissance
Wealth and Power in Renaissance Italy
1. The word renaissance is a French word that means rebirth. This word was important to
describe the years of 1350 to 1550 because it was the time period of t
How and why did Europeans undertake ambitious voyages of expansion?
- searching for routes that would undo the Italian and Ottoman dominance of trade in the East
- motivated by intellectual curiosity, driving ambition, religious zeal, and a lack of other
Chpt. 12: The Crisis of the Later Middle Ages
Prelude to Disaster
1. The book revelations was called The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because it deals
with visions of the end of the world, with disease, war, famine, and death. It became so
How was the era of global contact shaped by new commodities, commercial empires, and forced migrations?
- creation of the first truly global economy
- transatlantic slave trade
- New Spain brought wealth to the crown but little economic development
Conquistador: Spanish for conqueror; Spanish soldier-explorers, such as Hernando Corts and Francisco
Pizarro, who sought to conquer the New World for the Spanish crown.
Caravel: A small, maneuverable, three-mast sailing ship developed by the Po
15 - European Exploration and Conquest (1450-1650)
- elites everywhere prized Chinese porcelains and silks
- Chinese elites wanted ivory and black slaves from Africa and exotic goods and peacocks from India
- African people wanted textiles from
Chapter 14: Reformation and Religious War
The Early Reformation
1. Christian Humanists and Urban Residents called for Reform because people had
grievances for the church.
2. Three criticisms against the Catholic Church: papal tax collection methods were a