A Peoples History of the United States by Howard
CHAPTER 1: Columbus, The Indians, and Human Progress
1. According to Zinn, what is his main purpose for writing A Peoples History of the United
2. What is Zinns thesis for pages 1-11?
Contrary to legend, the European discovery of America took place quite by accident. The story of the dot
discovery begins in the 15th century, when a European world was slowly spinning its way out of the
Middle Ages, slowly becoming aware of the treasures
Puritan Opportunities for Enrichment
1. Create your own family tree that tells the tale of how your family came to America. It
doesnt matter if they came to America last week or 200 years ago. Trace your familys
lineage as far back as you can go and creat
APUSH Chapter 8 Discussion Questions
1. List the divisions within the Second Continental Congress and give the aim of each faction.
How did the factions attempt to gain their ends?
2. Why was George Washington chose
Brinkley Chapter 6 Guiding Questions
1. Who were the advocates of centralization, and what was seen as the most serious problem of
the Articles of Confederation?
Weak and unpopular though the Confederation was, it had for a time satisfied a great many
A Short History of the United States by Robert
CHAPTER 1: Discovery and Settlement of the New World
1. Name at least three factors which enabled the Spanish to conquer both the Aztecs and
One of the three factors that enabled the Spanish
1. How did the relationship between king and Parliament change during the early
eighteenth century? What role did the prime minister play in this change?
2. How were the American colonies administered by Britain, from Britain, during this
period? What was
<div style="margin-left:0.0693in;margin-right:0.5598in;">'A Short History of the United States 'by 'Robert Remini '</div>
<div style="margin-left:0.0693in;margin-right:0in;">'CHAPTER 1: Discovery and Settlement of the New World '</div>
Discovery and Settlement
of the New World
her e a r e m a n y intriguing mysteries surrounding the peopling and discovery of the western hemisphere. Who were the
people to first inhabit the northern and southern continents? Why did
they come? How did
Brinkley Chapter 1 Guiding Questions
1. Identify and describe the elaborate native civilizations that developed in South and Central
American and Mexico.
In the beginnings of America, there were these huge civilizations that belong to the native Americans