Those exertions of the change of the prewar period started starting with the protestant
restoration intensity that might have bee
Describe the attempts of the Spanish and English colonists to convert native peoples to their
belief systems. How did these attempts compare to one another? What were the results of each
The Spanish were brutal to the Native, they only saw natives
Alexander Hamilton might have been Washington secretary of treasury; he
1. How did the Olmec, Aztec, Inca, Maya, and North American Indians differ in their ways
of life and cultural achievements? How did their particular circumstancesgeography,
history, or the accomplishments of the societies that had preceded them, for examp
Were plants animals and humans beings in this account more or less equal in God's eyes?
I believe that you can interpret it two different ways. When creating man, God gave dominion
over all living things on earth. They were there for him
1.What was Bacons plan for the protected and Darling Indians? Why did he favor such a plan,
and why did others oppose it?
His plan was to attack the neighbors of the indians even though they were Honest and Quiet.
He wanted to do this, be
Why did Crotes win against the Aztecs? What do you think was the most important advantage
Cortes was able to defeat the Aztecs due to many different reasons. He had a superior military
and weaponry. The tactics they used showed
1. In what ways did Richard Allens religious faith influence his life as a slave? Did his experiences
in slavery also influence his religion? If so how and why?
Because Richards Faith was so strong, he would pray to his God, which would give him a
1. Hemmings was interviewed in Ohio nearly half century after Jeffersons death in Virginia. Do you
think his testimony is credible? Why or why not?
I believed that the testimonial to be true and credible. He made sure to get enough
recollections of the fa
1. Why did Mary Dewees record her experiences in her journal? How did her life on the trial west
compare to her previous life in Philadelphia? To what extent did she retain ties to Philadelphia?
I believe she kept a journal of her experiences to have docu
1. According to Walker, how has the white Christians of America made the Coloured People of these
United States the most wretched, degraded and abject set of beings? What was Walkers view of
God? What did he believe God would do about slavery? How and why
1. In his private letter to Harrison, what goals did Jefferson state for the nation's policy towards
Indians, and how could they be attained? What impediments did Jefferson foresee to carrying
out his policy?
From what I understood from the letter, is tha
1. What did this mean by writing that the Collored population has got a rebel master and a union
master? How did he view Union men? In what ways did they differ from rebels?
They were torn between serving the 2 master. He made the distinction that the reb
1. Why did the farmer want a wife? What traits did he seek in a wife?
The farmer wanted a wife so he had someone to do all his bidding. Everything that he did not
want to do. He wanted her to do his laundry, cooking and cleaning around their house. He wan
1. To what degree did Child approve of Browns raid of Harpers Ferry? Why or why not? Why did
she cite the Virginia motto? Thus be it ever done to Tyrants? How did Childs view of Brown
differ from that of Wise?
Child approve of the raid in Harpers Ferry by
4. Read one of the primary sources in RAP for Ch. 4. Answer 2 or more of the discussion questions found
at the end of the selection.
Words of the bewtiched
1) What made Bishop's witchcraft "evident and notorious to all beholders"? Much of the
1. When King escaped to the British, how did his life change? How did the British behave toward
him? Why did the end of the war diffuseuniversal joy among all parties; except us, who had
I really dont believe that his life change as much
1. What precipitated crowd action against the custom-house officer, John Malcom? What
assumptions about the colonists were revealed by Malcoms behavior and by his statement, Do
you presume too, speak to me?
The action that started the action against Malco
3. Did the runaways have identifiable skills or traits? Did they have certain characteristics in common?
Most of the slaves did not properly know English, however. Some of the identifiable skills that
the slaves had were that some new English. Due to this
Chapter 13: The Socialist Challenge
1. Who were the major writers in the early twentieth century who
2. Who were muckrakers?
3. Who was/significance of Ida Tarbell and Lincoln Steffens?
4. How was Colorado a scene of class conflict?
Arjelio Garza 5th pd
March 31, 2017
In the selection, The Metamorphosis by Franz Kalfka, kalfka introduces us to Gregor Samsa who is
conflicted with metamorphesizing into a beetle as he wakes up to go to work one morning. It is through
the use of irony
ORIN 0101- College Success
Why Learn To Manage Your Money?
Money Management is not taught in public
Public schools focus on scholastic and
professional skills, but not on financial skills.
Most of us l
Revised: August 22, 2016
South Texas College
Division of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
Educational College Success (EDCS) Syllabus
Our website is http:/stcedcs.weebly.com
Name of Instructor: Rick Rodriguez
Office Location: Buildi
ES Samoa 1.80:8 m0 8080:8888 m 8 @0132? m0 @888 08 033
83k 8oEwom 8&3 m 8 Mama Essa an 1800 8 63min m we 08808
08 EB 90 8880808 05 NE 558m @883 E 888.8qu 3:on 88
-8801 08 wo $8888 08 mm 3 0m >80 ow 3303 QB 08 80 808833
80888380 08 8: 5w 8 mm 0w 0883088
Texas Educational Opportunity Grant
The Texas Educational Opportunity Grant (TEOG) was created in 2001 (Texas Education Code Section 56.402)
to provide grant aid for tuition and required fees to financially needy students who enroll in Texas publ
account - Money deposited with a financial institution for investment and/or
annual percentage rate (APR) - The cost of credit expressed as a yearly rate.
APR is a percentage that results from an equation consid
Social Work Intro Interview Assignment
Find a social worker who will agree to set up an appointment to meet with you for an
interview. The social worker MUST have a social work credential, e.g., BSW, MSW, PhD,
Doctorate in social work, or an AA who is a g
Essay Prompt 1
One of the two constitutional theories that evolved around the question of Reconstruction was
Were the states in or out of the union when the rebellion was crushed. This theory talks about
how some of the states were debating on whether the
The acceptability of the big six values Landed Frontier was important in American
society. The six big values were opportunity, survival of the fittest, pragmatism,
the rugged individual, laissez faire, and social mobility. They were acceptable