Chemistry Unit 8 WW
For each problem:
a. Write the balanced chemical equation.
b. Identify the given (with units) and what you want to nd (with units).
6. Use coefcients from balanced equation to determine mole ratio.
d. Show set up.
Covering Lecture: 3 and 4
CHM 130 Lecture Quiz #2
1. How many neutrons are in the U2289 atom?
9 ZIK \
2. What Is the final temperature ofthe water if2156J are used to heat 12. 3 g of waterfrom room
temperature( 25C )@The heat capacity of
CHM 130 Lecture Quiz #5 ix
, Covering Lecture: 7 and 8 Name:
i II? I" a IIZII I
x ; _7_NH4Cl(a)q + cfw_tKNa'Ci/(aq) - > 4NaC| (aq) + _L_NH3 (g) + Lig) [I
I. V WM
Com lete Ionic E uation: at A I z
p q I/I * War": I! I: I II If U N [ A
I _ 5 z I?
CHM 130 Lecture Quiz #4
Covering Lecture: 6 Name:
1. How many mercury (Hg) atoms in 5.9 moles of Hg?
of tin (Sn) in a pure tin cup having a mass of 4'23g?
7 I a
a g 4. How many grams of chlorine in 55g of CF2C|2?
is [0,A a y, a g
CHM 130 Lecture Quiz #:-
Covering Lecture: 1 and 2 Name: 448"?
1. How many significant figures in the following numbers?
a. 0.0008690 L7?
b. 1.070 x 103 44
2. Calculate the following to the correct significant figures:
.4 . J .1 I:
761;: r23, ll 3/ ii
CHM 130 Covering Lecture 9 Quiz #6
1. Write the electron configuration for Ti.
Lg/(3 [ x53, 76w / z 74 /w? M
O z a; c
l . gx . W
M; 4m 5/1 jig/e/mja/i /
l S V N
2 Identify the valence electrons in the electron confi
CHM 130 Lecture Quiz #3
Covering Lecture: 5
True/False: An ionic compound contains a nonmetal - nonmetal bond.
What is the chemical formula for iron(|ll)sulfide?
my; 42, r 34
m, M a
Which hasthe shortest wavelength? (Circleto correct answer)
List the 3 types of electromagnetic radiation (visible, infrared, and radio) in order of
Lecture 1 and 2
Study Guide #1
An experimental science
Deals with composition, structures, and properties of atoms and molecules
Deals with the transformation and energy of reactions
Observation measurement of an
CHM 130 Lecture / 9L2 Homework # I Name:
1' How many sig. figs. In the following numbers:
2900.722 0.020007 0.000990 0.000297008 X 10'7.
Round the number to 4 sig. figs. :77,450,912.7
Calculate using the correct sig. figs. : 28.750 + 1003.2 985.
CHM 151LL/152LL: Guidelines for Keeping a Lab Notebook
Keeping a proper and adequate laboratory notebook is for the express purpose of preparing a document
adequate for legal presentation of information. It must be don
LoggerPro Users Guide - Data Trends Lab
The initial screen in Logger Pro should tell you several things:
If the device is detected and which probe is connected
o If the Device not Detected error message appears instead of
an output readin
Whiteboard Sessions Collaborative Learning
In this class, we will conduct many whiteboard sessions. The main
purpose of these sessions is to share & discuss information with classmates
as we struggle to make sense of our data and observations.
CHM 151/152: Skills for Student Success
1. completion of CHM 130/130LL or a standard high school chemistry course within the last 2 years (5 years
2. completion of a college algebra course (MAT151 or equivalent)
3. have taken or are currently en
*CHM151LL Lab Write-up
Investigation 13: How Many Waters of Hydration are in the Formula?
Item Checklist & Assessment:
1. In your own words, describe the purpose / goals of the investiga