Typical leaves function as _ in the plant.
A. a heat source
B. solar panels
C. mineral absorption organs
D. storage organs
E. water absorption organs
Plants whose leaves fall off at the end of the growing season are
A. partially everg
BIOLOGY 121 STUDENT LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Biology 8th Edition. Campbell and Reece et.al. Pearson Benjamin Cummings Publishers.
UNIT THREE GENETICS
Chapter 19 Viruses
List and describe the structural components of viruses.
Explain why viruses are oblig
BIO 351 PRINCIPLES OF GENETICS
QUIZ 3: CHROMOSOMES
Keaira Kelly, BIO 351, QUIZ 3 (5 points)
-Answer the questions in a word document first, then import into engrade
1. The chromosomes of five different frog species from Venezuela and the
Caribbean had a d
mBiology 121 Review for Exam I, ch 19, 20, 22, 23, & 24
1. Electron microscopes are most useful for studying viruses because shorter
wavelengths provide higher resolution
2. The size and shape of the viral capsid correlates best with the size of the genom
Bio 225 Chapter 13 Practice Questions
1. In which of the following ways are viruses like bacteria?
A. Both (all viruses, some bacteria) may be obligate intracellular parasites
B. Both are unicellular
C. Neither can pass through bacteriological filters
Chapter 1 Solved Problems
A. Its organisms because since the gene was mutated causing it to form a disease,
the disease is now a trait that can be passed on through genetic material.
B. Its molecular because genes are Transcripted and translated which
Chapter 3 Cells as Units of Life
What is meant by prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- Prokaryotic cells have no membrane nucleus Eukaryotic cells have membrane
what are the functions of smooth and rough endoplasmic reticulum
- Rough ER Membranes studded wi
Chapter 10 Summary
The metabolic concepts that are discussed in this chapter begin by explaining the
transferring of enzymes and energy. Next it goes into the three different levels of
photosynthesis and respiration. In this sect
Chapter 13 Viruses, Viroids, and Prions Homework Assignment
Only those students that complete these questions will be allowed to work together on an in-class
I. Multiple Choice.
1. In which of the following ways do viruses differ from ba
Which living things first made the transition from water to land;
- Vascular plants, pulmonate snails, and tracheate arthropods
what are the modes of respiration of amphibians;
- Skin, mouth, and lungs
which structures were modified for suppor
Question 1 0 out of 10 points
The laser used to read Blu-Ray discs have a wavelength of 405 nm. 405
nm photons have of an energy of _ J, and a mole of 405 nm
photons has an energy of _ kJ/mol.
4.42 X 10^-19, 266
0 out of 1 points
What is the chemical symbol for tin?
a. [None Given]
1 out of 1 points
1. The ions ClO4-, ClO3-, ClO2-, and ClO- are named respectivel
Quiz #4 (Chapter 4)
Chemistry and Physics Department
Virginia State University
1. How many grams are in 0.0626 mol of NaHCO 3, the main ingredient in Alka-Seltzer
.0626mol of NaHCO3 X 84.008g NaHCO3 / 1 mol of NaHCO3 = 5.2
Biotechnology and Industrial Microbiology
1. Restriction endonucleases are produced by
E. All of the choices
2. A gene probe that is generated by isolating mRNA and using the
enzyme reverse transcripta
INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY
Quiz 5 (Chapter 11): Take Home
Using a scantron IN CLASS, answer the following questions (2points each)
a. human sexual behavior.
b. abnormal human behavior.
c. animal beha
BIOL 120 Final Exam Study Guide
*NOTE THAT SOME OF THE CONCEPTS/INFORMATION/FACTS WE
DISCUSSED IN LAB ARE NOT ON THIS STUDY GUIDE.*
This study guide is not meant to be an exact replica of the Final Exam.
The main purpose of a study guide is to assist you