William Henson- Henson patented improved lightweight steam engine in 1841, and designed a
steam-powered monoplane can carry passengers. He coordinated in the Aerial Transit Company
with Stringfellow, Federick Marriott, and D.E Colombine to earn money. He
3148 from 1464. Rosy growth forecasts risks impact other areas of the aviation industry, such as
charter or corporate flying, and
1. What types of aircraft flew across the Atlantic Ocean in 1919?
United States Navy plane
2. What enabled aircraft to fly long distances in 1919?
Vicker Vimy made by four Australians
3. What distinguished Charles Lindberghs transatlantic flight of 1927 f
1. What, where, when, who, and why was the Cold War?
The Cold War was the tense relationship between the United States and Soviet Union
from 1945 to 1991. This war was unlike other wars in that the two sides ne
Why is it important to keep up with aviation news?
People should keep getting feedback from the news.
Can you get a job at Southwest without a type rating?
Describe the simulator ride at United Airlines.
Define the term Code Sharing
Code sharing is a marketing arrangement in which an airline
places its designator code on a flight operated by another airline,
and sells tickets for that flight.
List some of the benefits
When does the author recommend a newly certified private pilot begin his/her
training for commercial pilot?
After have about 90 to 100 hours, and then sign up for the commercial
What information is provided in the Practical Test
Where do you find the greater opportunity for flying? The U.S. or
What are some of the factors in starting a serious job hunt?
You need to prepare the resume. And you might need to get used to
it if you are planning to rem
1. Define what LAAS means for the future of air travel.
The Local Area Augmentation System is an all-weather aircraft landing system based on
real-time differential correction of the GPS signal. Local reference receivers located
around the airport send da
1. Who are the two main competitors for large airliner orders?
Airbus, and Boeing
2. What is usually cited as the main cause of the decline in the general aviation industry
Despite the political and economic significance of the issue for the g
1. What was the first airplane flight in Europe, and why does that
flight receive the credit?
The flight made by Brazilian maker Alberto Santos-Dumont. His
airplane was designed by himself.
2. Who were Henry Farman, the Short brothers, Louis Blriot, and
AVIA103- Lecture 4
1. Airship can carry enormous payloads without requiring miles of
roadway for a takeoff. It gives larger payloads at lower costs
than conventional aircraft, and it is green because it uses
hybrid air. Todays airships can be used to tran
1. We know that Leonardo da Vinci died in 1519, what year was he born?
April 15, 1452
2. Leonardo da Vinci was best known for four famous drawings related to
flight. What were they?
A flying machine.1490, The glider, Drawing of the flying machine.
EIlAVIA 103- Lecture 2
He is a god of merchant, measures, thieves, and message. He was born in a cave on Mt.
cyllene. He ran off from the cradle right after he was born, stole Apollos herd of cattle
and tied leaves on their tails so the tracks