1. Students do not need to cite if they only borrow another person's idea, opinion, or theory, and
paraphrase it in to their own words.
It is permissible to allow others to view and copy your work if you give them permission.
1. What type of argument is this? "All cubes are square. A dice is a cube. Therefore, a dice must
2. Which words describe an inductive argument whose grounds are known to be true and whose
grounds make a strong or probable case?
1. What were Aristotle's two kinds of virtues?
D) Moral and intellectual
2. What were Plato's four classic virtues?
A) Self-control, courage, wisdom, and justice
3. Which approach bases answers to moral questions on ones moral duty?
C) Immanuel Kant
Which approach says that the right action in any situation is whatever is in my own,
long-term best interests?
2. One of the most influential and articulate modern defenders of egoism
3. An Egoist who believed the right goals or
1. If I think that an action is right if it balances my own personal needs with the needs of others, at which
step in Gilligan's theory would I be?
D) Step 3
Kim has learned that a group of students in her algebra class has a scheme to cheat on the fin
1. Abortion, euthanasia, the death penalty and economic justice are examples of what?
A) Ethical issues
E. Moral Principles
F. Ethical Issues
E-General guidelines of ethical behaviors.
D-The assumption th
case prohibits state employees and facilities from assisting with abortions
C) Webster v. Reproductive Health
In the context of abortion, some believe that it is not the actual possession of
certain capacities, but the potential for development
1. What is the term used to describe a duty that professional people have to make decisions, not
in their own interests, but in the best interests of their clients or patients?
B) Fiduciary obligation
2. What is the term for the priviledge of working with
HW: Read p.601-608, then find an example of an anxiety disorder depicted in a film you know of.
1. Describe the specific anxiety disorder being displayed. Describe how this disorder was possibly
acquired due to one of the perspectives explained in the cha
Research one drug on the market that is used to treat psych disorders. Tomorrow morning be ready to
tell us in class about this drug (its name, uses, side effects, etc.):
Klonopin (also known as Clonazepam): This drug is inside a group of drugs called ben
Bell ringer: Find a partner to work with during this period. Today will be entirely independent practice. I
will be walking around supervising and answering questions.
Guided Practice: Each student will have their own paper.
1. Begin by completing all of