A. What was Wedsworth Townsend Act?
The Wedworth-Townsend Act was gave counties the option of establishing paramedic
care to increase survival rates for victims in accidents and disasters.
The Wedworth-Townsend Paramedic Act defined the role
1. List six causes of respiratory compromise
Asthma, Bronchitis, Heart Attack, Severe allergic reactions, Exposure to toxic
substances, Inhalation of super-heated air
2. What are signs of normal breathing?
Adequate tidal volume, Skin should n
1. What is a repeater?
A fixed antenna that is used to boost a radio signal
2. What are the barriers to communication and how can we overcome each?
- Physical Speak face to face
Perceptual- Keep an open mind
Emotional- Be an active listener
1. What are the 5 stages of death and dying?
2. List at least 4 items that can contribute to "burnout".
1. Shift work
2. Facing public hostility
2. EMS work - witnessing tragedies
1. What is the difference between assault and battery?
Assault is the unlawful threatening of another person.
Battery is the unlawful touching of another person.
2. What is the difference between libel and slander?
Libel is defamation that is