CCJ 2704 - Chapter 1 Review Questions and Exercises (Questions, 1, 2 & 3)
1. Review the common errors of personal inquiry discussed in this chapter. Find a mass
media or blog article about a crime that illustrates one or more of those errors. Discuss how
CCJ 2704 - Chapter 8 Page #225 Review Questions and Exercises (1, 2 & 3)
1. Watch one of the following movie clips: http:/www.youtube.com/watch?
v=TQ4y7GPeFPY or http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymsHLkB8u3s. Write down
the main points that you think are conv
CCJ 2704 - Chapter 9 Page #252 & 253 Review Questions and Exercises (1, 2 & 3)
1. We briefly described how Shuryo Fujita sampled street segments and conducted systematic
observations using Google Street View. In a paragraph or so, summarize another way
CCJ 2704 - Chapter 3 Page #77 Review Questions and Exercises (1, 2 & 3)
1. Discuss one of the following statements in terms of what you have learned about the
criteria of causation and threats to the validity of casual inference. What cause-andeffect rela
CCJ 2704 - Chapter 6 Page #167 Review Questions and Exercises (1, 2 & 3)
1. Discuss possible study populations, elements, sampling units, and sampling frames
for drawing a sample to represent the populations listed here. You may wish to limit
CCJ 2704 - Chapter 4 Page #108 Review Questions and Exercises (1, 2 & 3)
1. Review the box What is Recidivism? on page 83. From the discussion, write
conceptual and operational definitions for recidivism. Summarize how Fabelo
proposes to measure the conce
2 / 2 points
The history threat refers to the possibility that _.
because of their personal experiences, some subjects will be uncooperative
most important research in the social sciences has already been done
CCJ 2704 - Chapter 7 Page #193 Review Questions and Exercises (1, 2 & 3)
1. Locate a survey being conducted on the web. Briefly describe the survey and discuss
its strengths and weaknesses.
Answer I chose a survey from Gallup asking if the United States s
CCJ 2704 - Chapter 2 Review Questions Page #46 and Exercises (1, 2 & 3)
1. Obtain a copy of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (2000) code of ethics at this
website: http/acjs.org/pubs/167_671_2922.cfm. Read the document carefully. How would
CCJ 2704 - Chapter 5 Page #135 Review Questions and Exercises (1, 2 & 3)
1. Review the definition of an experiment by Farrington and associates presented in
the first part of this chapter, especially: The defining feature of an experiment lies
in the cont
Your quiz has been submitted successfully.
2 / 2 points
The age of an offender is an example of the _ level of measurement?
2 / 2 points
Validity refers to the degree to which every
In today's society, it is absolutely necessary for the Miranda rights to be read. The con
side of the argument states that most Americans waive their rights when it comes down to it.
What wasnt said was if they fully understood what was going on. From exp
Running Head: CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS
Origins of Criminal Investigations
James R. Carr
St. Petersburg College
This paper starts in the early 1880s covering what was considered to be the early beginnings of