Chapter 2 Collaboration Information Systems
A group of four painters, each painting a different wall in the same room, are not working cooperatively.
A group of programmers work separately to create modules and merge the
Chapter 3 Strategy and Information Systems
1) An organization's goals and objectives are determined by its competitive strategy.
2) Organizational strategy begins with the formation of a value chain.
Chapter 1 The Importance of MIS
1) The number of transistors per square inch on an integrated chip doubles every 18 months
according to Moore's Law.
Page Ref: 5
AACSB: Use of Information Technology
Chapter 4 Hardware and Software
1) Hardware includes electronic components that are used to input, process, output, and store data.
2) All hardware today has, at least to the level that is important to us, more or less th
Chapter 5 Database Processing
Multiple choice after 51
1) A spreadsheet should be used to store data if the structure of the list is simple.
2) The purpose of a database is to keep track of things that involve a single th
Chapter 6 Data Communication and the Cloud
1) A computer network is a collection of computers that communicate with one another over transmission lines or
2) A computer network between Seattle and Philadelphia