1. SDJ, Inc., has net working capital of $1730, current liabilities of $5140, and inventory of $2170. What
is the current ratio? What is the quick ratio?
The current ratio is 1.34. The quick ratio is 0.91.
3. Pujols Lumber Yard has a current accounts rece
Chapter 10 Assignment Managerial Finance
1. Suppose a stock had an initial price of $61 per share, paid a dividend of $1.40 per share during the
year, and had an ending share price of $69. Compute the percentage total return. What was the
Managerial Finance Chapter 8 Assignment
1. What is the payback period for the following set of cash flows?
The payback period is 2.8 years.
3. Global Toys, Inc., imposes a payback cutoff of three years for its international investment proje
Chapter 9 Assignment Managerial Finance
1. Kenny, Inc., is looking at setting up a new manufacturing plan in South Park. The company bought
some land six years ago for $7.5 million in anticipation of using it as a warehouse and distribution
1. Is the yield to maturity on a bond the same thing as the required return? Is YTM the same thing as
coupon rate? Suppose today a 10% coupon bond sells at par. Two years from now, the required return
on the same bond is 8%. What is the cou
1. Rooster Co. has identified an investment project with the following cash flows. If the discount rate is
10%, what is the present value of these cash flows? What is the present value at 18%? At 24%?
PV @10% = 306
1. a. How many polish zlotys can you get?
b. how much is one euro worth?
A euro is worth 1.3187.
c. if you have five million euros, how many dollars do you have?
You have $6593500.
d. which is worth more, a NZ dollar or a Singapore dollar?
A New Ze
Managerial Finance Chapter 7
1. Anton, Inc., just paid a dividend of $1.95 per share on its stock. The dividends are expected to grow at
a constant rate of 4.1% per year, indefinitely. If investors require a return of 10.2% on this stock, w
Managerial Finance Chapter 17 Problems
2. You have $14,300 on deposit with no outstanding checks or uncleared deposits. If you deposit a check
for $5,100, does this create a disbursement float or a collection float? What is your available b
2. You own a portfolio that has $1300 invested in Stock A and $2100 invested in Stock B. If the expected
returns on these stocks are 10 percent and 16 percent, respectively, what is the expected return on the
The expected return would be 13.68%
Jennifer Losty Managerial Finance Chapter 16 Homework
1. Indicate the impact of the following corporate actions on cash, using the letter I for an increase, D for
decrease or N when not change occurs.
a. A dividend is paid with funds received from a sale
1. The Lo Tech Co. just issued a dividend of $1.80 per share on its common stock. The company is
expected to maintain a constant 6 percent growth rate in its dividends indefinitely. If the stock sells for
$41 a share, what is the companys cost of equity?
Suppose a stock had an initial price of $61 per share, paid a dividend of $1.40 per share during
the year, and had an ending share price of $69. Compute the percentage total return. What was
the dividend yield? The capital gain yield?
Dividend yield = 1.4
Times Interest Earned
Percent of Sales on Credit
Capital Intensity Ratio
Return on Equity
Total Asset Turn Over
Return on Equity
Return on Equity
End of Years
Years to Buy