Womens Studies 101 002
Femininity and the Sexual Objectification of Women in American Apparel
The popular clothing store American Apparel takes pride in their unique
advertising campaigns and strategies. O
Womens Studies 101 002
8 October 2013
Social Psychology and Gender As A Category Of Analysis
Cordelia Fine, author of Delusions of Gender: How Our Minds, Society, and Neosexism
Create Difference, poses a fascinating argument
Explicit: Conscious association, thought
Implicit: Unconscious association, thought
(Implicit beliefs associations in our associative memory)
(Explicit beliefs what the conscious mind thinks)
Womens Studies 101 008
Sex Tourism and Intersectionality
Julia OConnell Davidson and Jacqueline Sanchez Taylors article Fantasy
Islands: Exploring the Demand for Sex Tourism, relates gender, sexuality, and
Womens Studies 101-002
Transfeminism Is For Everyone
Koyamas article The Transfeminist Manifesto explains the organization of
transfeminism and what it means to identify with those who support the movement. As
STUDY GUIDE: BROTHEL
CHAPTER 1: SHORT ANSWERS: CHOOSE 15
1. How were the two brothels different at Mustang Ranch?
2. What are some of the authors preconceived notions regarding people in the legalized sex industry?
3. Why did the author, at first,
CHAPTER 3: SHORT ANSWER: CHOOSE 15:
1. What did straightening out involve?
2. What purpose do pimps serve for legalized brothels?
3. How did Donna come to work at Mustang Ranch?
4. What is the nationality of 2/3 of the prostitutes at Mustang Ranch?
CHAPTER 2: SHORT ANSWERS: CHOOSE 15:
1. How do brothel regulations differ?
2. Why was prostitution originally tolerated in the early 19th century?
3. What is street work?
4. Why did prostitutes first arrive in Nevada?
5. Who is Dinah, and how does the aut
CHAPTER 1: ESSAY (PERSPECTIVE) QUESTIONS: CHOOSE FIVE (5)
1. After the man at the bar realized that Alexis was not a working girl, he acted ashamed
for grasping at her. Would it have been shameful if she were a prostitute? Why?
2. According to George, why
CHAPTER 4 CHOOSE 10:
1. What surprising thing did most of the women wish to aspire to?
2. In you opinion, why would some of the women view their job as a job of healing?
3. How did the author feel when Baby asked her if she wanted to watch on of
January 27, 2011
A Woman in History: Wilma Mankiller
Wilma Mankiller is mostly famous for her accomplishments as the first women elected
Principle Chief of the Cherokee Nation. She was born into a poor Cherokee family on Novembe
Take Home Exam One: Female Chauvinist Pigs by Ariel Levy
1. Chapter 1: Uses the example of the popularity of Girls Gone Wild as a way to show our
culture is obsessed with sex, therefore women use their sex appeal to gain power.
WS 101- 003
Outside Event: Sam Adams & Shwayze Concert
The concert was located in one of the gyms at UNC. The atmosphere was very
lively and upbeat. There was a large raised stage with overhead lights to spotlight the artists and
Interview: Decision Analysis
For this paper I interviewed my boss, Lacy. She is the assistant director of the
child care center that I work at. I chose to interview her because I love her as a boss
and wanted to get to know her
February 10, 2011
Childrens Gender Paper
The book I chose is called Olivia, written and illustrated by Ian Falconer in 2000. The
main character is girl pig named Olivia. Olivia is a part of a typical American household with a