Why do incentive plans work or not work? Answer: Research suggests that, by and large,
rewards succeed at securing one thing only: temporary compliance. When it comes to producing lasting
change in attitudes and behavior, however, rewards, l
Why is compensation so important to employees? What role does it play in their lives? What
role does it play for companies? Why is there often a mismatch between the two perspectives? Answer:
Compensation is important to employees beyond the
Chapter 8 Learning Exercise 1
What type of assessment will you use to prepare for this training?
Answer: Portfolios. Submitting a portfolio at the end of a course can be a powerful way for
students to see the progress theyve made.
Discuss why some companies view training as a value-added activity, while others see it only as
an expense. Answer: Training of employees is of immense value for an organization. Employers benefit
greatly from providing employees with trainin
What are the two primary purposes of performance management? When should each purpose
be emphasized? Answer: In general, performance management activities may be used for administrative
and/or developmental purposes. The first purpose is admi
Chapter 6 Case Study 2: Enron: A Not So Happy Ending To A Good Recruiting Plan
1. Enron did a lot of things right from a recruiting standpoint. Discuss its recruiting strategy and
why it worked.
Answer: Enrons recruiting strategy was mostly internal recru
Chapter 4 Case Study 1: Home-Sourcing at Sykes Home Powered By Alpine Access
1. What types of jobs are best suited for home-sourcing arrangements?
Answer: There are various types of jobs that are best suited for home-sourcing arrangements.
For example, pr
Chapter 7 Case Study 2: Virtual Selection At National City Corporation
1. Discuss the pros and cons of using virtual assessment for employee selection. To answer this
question, you may want to do further research on the concept.
Answer: There are many pro
Human Resource Management
Case Study #1
1. Describe the steps that employees at the Starbucks in Rockville, Maryland, should have
taken for the IWW to be officially recognized as the bargaining unit for employees there.
Answer: Step 1; Workers
Learning Exercise 2
1) Design a selection process to use for both the initial screening and final screening of
applicants. Indicate why each selection method included is appropriate.
During the selection process for the ini
1. Be registered dietitian
2. Be licensed in Texas or have ability to become licensed.
3. Knowledge of federal and state regulations.
4. Ability to travel
5. Strong communication skills
6. Be flexible and
Learning Exercise #1
1) What are the advantages of each of these tactics?
All of these tactics are very good, and each has its own advantages. The first tactic is relying on
overtime. The advantages of relying on overtime in
1) How does managing employees contribute to achieving a competitive advantage?
The management of employees is very important to achieving a competitive advantage. How
the employees are managed is very
Case Study 1
1) Discuss the role that a needs assessment played in planning the training program for project
The needs assessment shows the difference in what an employee should be doing, and what
Learning Exercise 1
1) How much detail is provided? Do companies simply list their available openings, or do they
provide an overview of what it is like to work at the company? What information is not
included that you wish
Learning Exercise #1
1) Describe how you would handle this situation.
First, I would sit down with Aman and discuss the situation, and apologize on behalf of the
office. Second, I would talk to the employee that told Aman ab
Learning Exercise #1
1) Which companys approach to ethics impresses you the most? Why? Which is least
The four companies that I chose were chick fila, chipotle, McDonalds, and Wendys. Out of
these four compan
Chapter 12 & 13
1) You have been assigned to a task force to consider discontinuing a number of the employee
benefits your firm currently offers. What issues should you address in making this decision?
Harvard Guide to Happiness Assignment
The first suggestion this articles makes is to get to know the faculty. Each semester we
should try to get closer to one of our professors or maybe advisors who could later in the fut
Jan 30th 9:30 am- Around 1 cup of fruit loops cereal, 2 cups of low fat milk, and half an orange. The
influence on this breakfast in the routines and habits, the volunteer says she eat cereal almost every
Chapter 6 Learning Exercise 2
1. Write the content of the advertisement.
Answer: Bureau of the Fiscal Service Internship Program (Student Trainee-HR Assistant (OA),
Department Of The Treasury for the Bureau of the Fiscal Service. Job Announcement Number:
Become aware of the problem.
My height is 5 feet and 7 inches. My weight is 115 lbs. My BMI is 18.
My waist circumference is 26 inches.
iii. A problem for the future would be to stop exercis
1.COPY & paste THE FINDINGS OF YOUR HIGHEST AREA
Helping: Community And Personal Service Workers
Select one of the occupations below for more detailed information, including links to current
vacancies and relevant training.
Assisting work, helping others
1. Alderfer classified Maslow's physiological and physical safety needs in a growth need category
false existence need category
2. According to McClelland's research, the best managers have a high need for _. -socialized
3. According to McClelland'
1.Type B people often recognize Type A behavior and can help Type A individuals judge situations
2.Healthy stress does not exist. - false
3.Martina, an employee at a tailor shop, can stitch up to 2 good-quality shirts per day. However
My power style for the self assessment test on power style profile was Slightly more
Accommodative than Assertive. This test is for us to see how we react when we have a problem with a
co-worker, when there is a decision to be made and what to do in case
1. In the context of characteristics of a perceiver, which of the following factors will affect social
perception? -self concept
2. In the context of barriers to social perception, _ are also called the Pygmalion effect. -selffulfilling prophecies
3. In t
Mgmt. Assignment 1 questions.
1. Which of the following is a formal element of an organization? -communication channels
2. Managing organizational behavior during changing times is challenging because of the?
-continuing demand for higher levels of moral
2. motivates individuals to change either their attitudes or their behavior to maintain consistency
3. Which of the following statements is true of people with an internal locus of control? -They take
personal responsibility for the consequenc
Learning Exercise 1
1) Identify the information you would need to have to determine whether the employees
concerns are valid.
In this situation there would be a few this that I would have to look into to see if the concern
1) What are the two primary purposes of performance management? When should each purpose
Two of the primary purposes of performance management involve developmental and
Case Study 1
1) What incentive system(s) would you establish for these three groups of employees?
There are many incentive systems that you could set for the groups of employees. For all three of
the positions you could of