Why is compensation so important to employees? What role does it play in their lives? What
role does it play for companies? Why is there often a mismatch between the two perspectives? Answer:
Compensation is important to employees beyond the
Why do incentive plans work or not work? Answer: Research suggests that, by and large,
rewards succeed at securing one thing only: temporary compliance. When it comes to producing lasting
change in attitudes and behavior, however, rewards, l
Discuss why some companies view training as a value-added activity, while others see it only as
an expense. Answer: Training of employees is of immense value for an organization. Employers benefit
greatly from providing employees with trainin
What are the two primary purposes of performance management? When should each purpose
be emphasized? Answer: In general, performance management activities may be used for administrative
and/or developmental purposes. The first purpose is admi
Chapter 8 Learning Exercise 1
What type of assessment will you use to prepare for this training?
Answer: Portfolios. Submitting a portfolio at the end of a course can be a powerful way for
students to see the progress theyve made.
Chapter 3 Case Study 1: Changing The Hiring Culture At BuyItNow.com
1. Visit the EEOC website (http:/www.eeoc.gov) and read what it says about discrimination on the
basis of national origin and age. Prepare a short summary of the information. Based on the
Chapter 9 Learning Exercise 1
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using ranking, absolute-trait, absolute-behavior,
and results-based approaches to evaluate your employees performance? Answer: RankingAdvantages; using individual comparisons is
Chapter 6 Case Study 2: Enron: A Not So Happy Ending To A Good Recruiting Plan
1. Enron did a lot of things right from a recruiting standpoint. Discuss its recruiting strategy and
why it worked.
Answer: Enrons recruiting strategy was mostly internal recru
Chapter 4 Case Study 1: Home-Sourcing at Sykes Home Powered By Alpine Access
1. What types of jobs are best suited for home-sourcing arrangements?
Answer: There are various types of jobs that are best suited for home-sourcing arrangements.
For example, pr
Chapter 7 Case Study 2: Virtual Selection At National City Corporation
1. Discuss the pros and cons of using virtual assessment for employee selection. To answer this
question, you may want to do further research on the concept.
Answer: There are many pro
Human Resource Management
Case Study #1
1. Describe the steps that employees at the Starbucks in Rockville, Maryland, should have
taken for the IWW to be officially recognized as the bargaining unit for employees there.
Answer: Step 1; Workers
Human Resource Management
Case Study #2
1. How would you respond to each of the directives from the CFO? What steps would you
take to instill a culture of safety in this warehouse? Answer: A. First, I would have OSHA
come in for consultation se
Learning Exercise #1
1) Describe how you would handle this situation.
First, I would sit down with Aman and discuss the situation, and apologize on behalf of the
office. Second, I would talk to the employee that told Aman ab
Learning Exercise 1
1) How much detail is provided? Do companies simply list their available openings, or do they
provide an overview of what it is like to work at the company? What information is not
included that you wish
Case Study 1
1) Discuss the role that a needs assessment played in planning the training program for project
The needs assessment shows the difference in what an employee should be doing, and what
1) How does managing employees contribute to achieving a competitive advantage?
The management of employees is very important to achieving a competitive advantage. How
the employees are managed is very
Learning Exercise #1
1) What are the advantages of each of these tactics?
All of these tactics are very good, and each has its own advantages. The first tactic is relying on
overtime. The advantages of relying on overtime in
1. Be registered dietitian
2. Be licensed in Texas or have ability to become licensed.
3. Knowledge of federal and state regulations.
4. Ability to travel
5. Strong communication skills
6. Be flexible and
Harvard Guide to Happiness Assignment
The first suggestion this articles makes is to get to know the faculty. Each semester we
should try to get closer to one of our professors or maybe advisors who could later in the fut
Jan 30th 9:30 am- Around 1 cup of fruit loops cereal, 2 cups of low fat milk, and half an orange. The
influence on this breakfast in the routines and habits, the volunteer says she eat cereal almost every
2. motivates individuals to change either their attitudes or their behavior to maintain consistency
3. Which of the following statements is true of people with an internal locus of control? -They take
personal responsibility for the consequenc
Mgmt. Assignment 1 questions.
1. Which of the following is a formal element of an organization? -communication channels
2. Managing organizational behavior during changing times is challenging because of the?
-continuing demand for higher levels of moral
1. In the context of characteristics of a perceiver, which of the following factors will affect social
perception? -self concept
2. In the context of barriers to social perception, _ are also called the Pygmalion effect. -selffulfilling prophecies
3. In t
My power style for the self assessment test on power style profile was Slightly more
Accommodative than Assertive. This test is for us to see how we react when we have a problem with a
co-worker, when there is a decision to be made and what to do in case
1.Type B people often recognize Type A behavior and can help Type A individuals judge situations
2.Healthy stress does not exist. - false
3.Martina, an employee at a tailor shop, can stitch up to 2 good-quality shirts per day. However
1. Alderfer classified Maslow's physiological and physical safety needs in a growth need category
false existence need category
2. According to McClelland's research, the best managers have a high need for _. -socialized
3. According to McClelland'
1.COPY & paste THE FINDINGS OF YOUR HIGHEST AREA
Helping: Community And Personal Service Workers
Select one of the occupations below for more detailed information, including links to current
vacancies and relevant training.
Assisting work, helping others
Become aware of the problem.
My height is 5 feet and 7 inches. My weight is 115 lbs. My BMI is 18.
My waist circumference is 26 inches.
iii. A problem for the future would be to stop exercis
Chapter 7 Learning Exercise 2
Management Assistant (OA) Position at the Bureau of the Fiscal Service in Parkersburg, WV
1. Design a selection process to use for both initial screening and final screening of applicants.
Indicate why each selection method i
Learning Exercise #1
1) Which companys approach to ethics impresses you the most? Why? Which is least
The four companies that I chose were chick fila, chipotle, McDonalds, and Wendys. Out of
these four compan