1. In the theory of electrical circuits, Ohms law describes the relationship between the voltage V across
a resistor, the electrical current I passing through the resistor, and a quantity R known as the resistance.
The law can be
Look at the pictures and name the kind of sport
1. Do you like to take part in these
2. Which one do you like to play?
3. In which sporting events are these sports
Welcome to our lesson
1. When expanding adiabatically (i.e. without gaining or losing heat), the pressure P and volume V of a
sample of argon gas are related by the formula
PV 5/3 = constant.
(a) Take the derivative of the above equation to nd a formu
1. Little Joey is riding the Ferris wheel at the county fair:
The wheel has a radius of 40 feet, and the center of the wheel sits 45 feet above the ground. Let h be
little Joeys height above the ground, and let be the angle shown
1. (a) Use a straightedge to draw tangent lines to the following graph at x = 3, 2, 1, 0, 1, 2, and 3.
(b) Use your tangent lines to estimate the values of
table showing your answers.
for x = 3, 2,
1. At age 3, little Joey was 3 feet tall. By age 5, he had grown to 3 feet, 5 inches.
(a) Assuming linear growth, how tall do you expect Joey to be at age 8?
(b) Write an approximate linear formula for Joeys expected height at ag
1. A man with a video camera is standing 4000 ft. from the base of a rocket launching pad, recording the
Because the rocket is ascending, the man must constantly adjust the angle of the camera to match the
1. Consider the following formula for the area of an isosceles triangle:
(a) A unit pentagon is a regular pentagon with a radius of 1, as shown in the following gure. Use the
area formula above to nd the a
Practice Problem Solutions: Exam 1
1. (a) Plugging in 10, 100, and 1000 for x gives 0.333148, 0.333331, and 0.333333, respectively. Thus,
the limit is 1/3 .
(b) Plugging in 100, 1000, and 10,000 for x gives 1.10526, 1.01005, and 1.00100, respectively.
1. A freight company wants to manufacture large metal shipping containers. The containers will have the
shape of a box with no top, and must be twice as long as they are wide:
Material for the bottoms of the containers cos
1. [12 points (6 pts each)] Evaluate each of the following limits.
(3h + 2)2 4
2. [12 points (6 pts each)] In the theory of electrical circuits, Joules law describes a relationship between the power P
1. [6 points (3 pts each)] Evaluate each of the following limits. You may use any method you like.
x3 + 4
2. [4 points] Let f (x) = 3x . Write a limit for f (2). You do not need need to simplify your an
The Mauna Loa Observatory observatory in Hawaii regularly measures the concentration of CO2 in the
atmosphere. In the year 2000, the observatory measured 371 ppm (parts per million) of CO2 in the atmosphere; in 2010, the observatory
During a certain chemistry experiment, the mass of salt (NaCl) in grams decreases according to the formula
9 1.5t ,
where t is the time in minutes.
(a) [1 point] How much salt is present at the beginning of the experiment?
Just give me the reason, just a little bits
enough, just a second were not broken
just bent and we can learn to love again
We dont talk anymore like
we used to do
When all those
shadows almost killed
And Ill tell you all about it
when I see you