Chapter 14 HW
1. Why are individuals so important to the NASA project teams?
People are the key to everything at NASA. They mean more than astronauts, but all the people
that go into completing a project. The people are so important because they are
Chapter 5 Homework
ESPN Case Study
1. How many requests from users does ESPN receive each second? Do you think this is a
consistent pattern or does it have peaks and valleys? When does it peak?
2. Why does ESPN store personal informat
Chapter 7 Homework
1. List and discuss briefly the benefits claimed by Cisco for its in-person experiences
This in-person experience is revolutionizing the way businesses can conduct different
Chapter 6 Homework
1. Why is the cloud important to cities like Dubuque as they pursue their visions of a smart
It doesnt matter where the sensors are, how many there are, the cloud allows for it bring
it all together. U
FedEx Case Study:
1. List the business Processes displayed in the video.
The package was loaded onto the conveyor belt, then it went through a scanner
that inputted the packages information into the information system. Then based
on that information and w
1. Why is the Stuxnet event considered to be historic?
Someone has conducted this incident as an acceptable form of international conduct. This is the
first type of cyberattack that had a certain type of tracker that finds a piece in a factory. Th
Chapter 4 Homework
1. Do people who use Facebook have a legitimate claim to privacy when they themselves are
posting information about themselves?
I believe that they do have a certain claim to privacy; however, the us
Homework Chapter 1
Meet the New Mobile Workers
1. Some of the applications mentioned were SPOTLight, which allows managers to have instant
access to their Web-based SharePOint content. PepsiCo uses this iPad app. This content can