Revised 6/9/2015 due to 14th ed Chapters 5 and 6
1. What are the components of the cardiovascular system? List them.
Heart: Pumps the blood
Blood Vessels: Through which the blood flows
2. List two functions of the cardiovascular syste
Worksheet #8 Chap 23 and 24
Answer the following questions saving your work as a word document (.doc, .docx, or .rtf) do
not save as .wps files. Use complete sentences and when necessary, short paragraphs may be
needed to completely answer the questions.
Answer the following questions in a separate file and submit it to Dropbox 7 by Sunday by
midnight Central Time.
1. Define DNA. DNA is making up of life on Earth. DNA is the genetic material that carries
the genes which can create a s
1. Where does lymph come from?
Lymph comes from interstitial fluid from inside lymphatic vessels.
2. List the primary lymphatic organs. List the secondary lymphatic organs.
The primary organs include the red bone marrow and the thymus. Red bone produces a
Chris Burrows - BIOL 108 - Worksheet 3
Download the worksheet and open it in a word processing program. Then answer the following questions in bold and submit it to Dropbox 3 by
Sunday at midnight Central Time. Please put your answers in bold.
1. What are
Chris Burrows -
BIOL 108 - Worksheet 4
Download the worksheet and open it in a word processing program. Then answer the following questions in bold
and submit it to Dropbox 4 by Sunday at midnight Central Time. Please put your answers in bold.
1. List the
1. Describe the chemical digestion that occurs in the mouth (one sentence).
Saliva has a chemical called salivary amylase which is an enzyme that will begin a chemical
breakdown of starch, bicarbonate and antimicrobial compound called
1. What is the purpose of science?
The purpose of science is to help understand life in our world and even in space. Its a way
to help acquire knowledge of how things work.
2. Define organism. Give an example of a unicellular organism.
The book answer say
How does complementary base pairing facilitate DNA replication and the processes of transcription and
translation? Identify the base pairs in each process.
The complementary base pairing plays a very important part and a crucial function in pairing. As we
1. What is a karyotype? A karyotype (figure 19.1, pg. 412) is basically a picture of a persons
chromosomes. The karyotype will show the chromosomes in pairs and numbered.
2. What are the stages of interphase? Interphase which is divided into thre
BIOL 108 Worksheet 2
Copy and paste the following worksheet into a new document. Then answer the following
questions in bold and submit it to Dropbox 2 by Sunday at midnight Central Time.
1. Define a cell.
A cell is the basic unit of life. There is nothin
Chris Burrows - BIOL 108 - Worksheet 1
Download the worksheet and open it in a word processing program. Answer the following questions
and submit it to Dropbox 1 by Sunday at midnight Central Time. Please put your answers in bold.
1. What is the purpose o