Intro Lab Write- up
Introduction/Background: Leaky faucets can waste up more than 3,000 gallons per year, which
is equivalent to 180 showers, furthermore saving water is an important thing, especially
considering we are in a drought. I have two leaky fauc
09 December 2016
Plants have different shapes depending on the environmental factors that they
are surrounded in. For instance, plants in an environment with a high abundance of
water have drastically diffe
IB Biology Internal Assessment
What is the relationship between a plants growth rate and water
Exam Session: May 2017
School name: San Diego High School: Intl Studies
Teacher: Tim Towler
Date: 22 October 2016
Course: IB Biology HL2
1. Chromosome: a unit of heredity that contains a lot genes
Gene: a stretch of DNA that codes for a certain trait
Allele: an alternate form of a gene (hair colour: brown, black, blonde)
2. 23 pairs from each parent, 46 total
3. first 22 pairs are called:
9.1Transport in the Xylem of Plants
9.1.1 Outline how the root system provides a large surface area for mineral ion
and water uptake by means of branching and root hairs.
Purpose: Transport materials, support & hold plants in plac
Michelle de jesus Ramos
Bio Review Sheet (for final).
1. Is the population grow rate such as;
Natality (birth rate).
Mortality (death rate).
Immigration & Emigration.
2. Species; A group of organisms which can interbreed with each other and p
IB Bio HL1 Ecology Take Home Exam
1. A collection of many different species living in one area is called a(an):
2. All of the following are impacts on the environment from global warming EXCEPT:
Lecture 31: Natural Selection
Natural Selection: Charles Darwin (British) explored the Galapagos Islands on the HMS Beagle
and wrote On the Origin of Species. Natural selection requires:
1. Variation: Differences among organisms in the same population