Octavian aka Caesar Augustus
public class WRAP cfw_
public static void main(String args) cfw_
Scanner in = new Scanner(System.in);
String input = in.nextLine();
int x = input.charAt(0) - 64;
int result = 1;
if (1 <= x & x <= 5)
result = x*2;
else if (6 <=
The culture of South Korea has always been a very diverse one. Its full of interesting and
wonderful traditions, but it is clear that it will stay unique forever.
South Korean families are very tight knit. In the ancient world,
The Institute for Standards, Curricula, and Assessments
The Question: To what extent should school support athletics?
Claim: Schools should continue to allow sports, but not to such an extent so that more
attention is being devoted tow
American Computer Science League
PROBLEM: Tali is an ancient Roman game using objects similar to dice. The tali are
actually knucklebones of calves or sheep. The tali have the property that when thrown
only 4 possible
When the Spaniards came to the new world they wanted gold and money
Were they sincere in trying to save the Mesoamerican souls by converting them?
OR was it an excuse for taking over more land?
When they first saw Mayan temples, t
History Lecture 8/19/16
Theocracy, the form of government in which religious and political governments are combined
The Vatican, contemporary example
Theocracy has not necessarily disappeared
Leader who is a combination of religious and poli
Mission to become the greatest empire ever seen
Centered around the Middle East
Ruins discovered on top of a hill
Ramses the 2nd
Ruled for 60 years
Negotiated a peace treaty
Took archaeologists over 100
1. A volleyball hit into the air has an initial speed of 10 meters per second. Which vector best represents the angle
above the horizontal that the ball should be hit to remain in the air for the greatest amount of ti
1. A student on her way to school walks four blocks east, three blocks north, and another four blocks east, as shown
in the diagram.
Compared to the distance she walks, the magnitude of her displacement from home
1. Which vector diagram best represents a cart slowing down as it travels to the right on a horizontal surface?
Base your answers to questions 2 and 3 on the information below.
Base your answers to questions 5 through 8 on
Base your answers to questions 1 and 2 on the information below.
A 747 jet, traveling at a velocity of 70 meters per second north, touches down on a runway. The jet slows to rest at the
rate of 2.0 meters per
Dynamics-Newton's 2nd Law
1. A constant unbalanced force is applied to an object for a period of time. Which graph best represents the acceleration of the object as a function of elapsed time?
2. The diagram below shows a horizontal 12-new
1. A cart travels with a constant nonzero acceleration along a straight line. Which graph best represents the relationship between the distance the cart travels and time of travel?
Base your answers to questions 2 t
Base your answers to questions 1 through 4 on the information and data table provided.
A 1.00-kilogram mass was dropped from rest from a height of 25 meters
above Earths surface. The speed of the mass was determined at 5
Dynamics-Ramps and Inclines
1. The diagram at right represents a block at rest on an incline.
Which diagram below best represents the forces acting on the block? (Ff = frictional
force, FN = normal force, and Fw = weight.)
2. The diagram b
Dynamics-Newton's 3rd Law
1. A student pulls a 60-newton sled with
a force having a magnitude of 20
newtons. What is the magnitude of
the force that the sled exerts on the
1. 20 N
2. 40 N
3. 60 N
4. 80 N
2. If a 65-kilogram as
Dynamics-Newton's 1st Law
1. As shown in the diagram, an open box and its contents have a combined mass of 5.0 kilograms. A horizontal force of 15 newtons is
required to push the box at a constant speed of 1.5 meters per second
across a lev