Lab Assignment #1
Use the chart below to rate the items from 1-5 (with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest) in terms of each type of utility. Then, write a
brief explanation under each ranking. The first item has been done for you as
1. How has technology fragmented the audience for sports and entertainment commodities?
A: Technology has now made sports marketing a lot more specialized and can reach a more specific
2. Discuss how a fragmented audience is both a
In your opinion, what is the most important factor affecting the demand for sports and entertainment
The most important factor to me would be talent. People will not want commodities for a certain team or
entertainer if they can't perform to
How do sports marketers enhance the perceived value of their commodities? Cite at least two
Sports marketers enhance the perceived value by advertising their products and commodities
during the season of that sports team as well as other utiliti
How has the Internet changed entertainment marketing? Is this a positive or negative change?
The Internet has changed entertainment marketing in which I believe is a very good way. Now business
and entertainers have the ability to reach out to millions of
How well acquainted with a sport would a publicist need to be in order to do his or her job
I would think that a publicist would need to be well acquainted with the sport he or she is
working with. They need to because in order to do their jo
1. Describe at least three differences between fans and customers.
A: First, customers are mostly price conscious, while fans are willing to spend more money for an
emotional investment. Second, customers arent likely to be walking advertisements, while f
1. There are two ads on the website.
2. The advertising space on the site does not distract from any material on the site itself. It is in an
area where there is no content and it is very small in size.
3. I do not feel compelled to clic
1. How does money make the exchange process easier? What would shopping be like if money didn't
A: Money makes the exchange process much easier because instead of bartering, you can just pay a
person money for the item you would like
1. Using a specific example, discuss how marketers can accommodate different segments of their target
A: Marketers must be versatile to be able to accommodate multiple targets while still being successful. An
example would be Under Armour and how
1. After searching Tiger Woods on Google and clicking shopping, there was only one video game
that appeared. When I searched my favorite college team, I found under the shopping tab various
items of clothing as well as a recliner, flags, and statues.
Actividad A: Psicologa del consumidor.
A lo largo de la pelcula podemos observar un experimento que lleva a cabo en
un lugar tipo prisin para ver cmo reaccionan los, la divisin de dos grupos
de personas, los que deben de obedecer las regla
6.01 Product Marketing:
Consumer goods: Made for consumer, example shirts with team logo
Business goods: Made for business, example Football helmets
Six phases of new product development.
PHASE ONE: Idea Generation
PHASE TWO: Screening/Evaluation
Unit 5 Questions
1. Explain the concept of borrowed equity as it relates to an event sponsor.
The concept of borrowed equity is when a sponsor does something such as make the teams
uniforms or pay for the event venue and in return they are able to adverti