2. a negative ion formed when a halogen atom gains an
1. an expression that indicates the number and type of
atoms present in the smallest representative unit of a
4. a compound composed of positive and negative
How to Balance a Chemical Reaction
1. Write down the chemical equation.
Example : Ca3(PO4)2 + SiO2 (s)+ C (s) -> P4 + CaSiO3 + SO2
2. Put a box around each compound NEVER change anything inside of the box (unless you want to get
the problem wrong)!
How to name Acids and Bases
Lecture November 1st
How to name an Acid
acid is a compound that contains one or
more hydrogen atoms and produces
hydrogen ions (H+) when dissolved in water.
An Acid always starts with a Hydrogen. That
is to say that the c
AGORA CHEMISTRY (SCI303A / SCI304A)
PERIODIC PROPERTIES OF THE ELEMENTS
Analyze trends within groups and periods on the periodic table of elements.