Conflict and Stress
1. Define interpersonal conflict and review its causes in
2. Explain the types of conflict and the process by which conflict
3. Discuss the various modes of managing conflict.
Power, Politics, and Ethics
1. Define power and review the bases of individual power.
2. Discuss the concept of empowerment.
3. Review various influence tactics. Provide a profile of power seekers.
4. Explain strategic conti
1. Define communication.
2. Explain effectiveness of a strict chain of command, and factors that
contribute to voice and silence.
3. Discuss barriers to effective manager-employee communication.
4. Discuss feat
1. Define decision making and differentiate well-structured and illstructured problems.
2. Compare and contrast perfectly rational decision making with
decision making under bounded rationality.
3. Discuss th
Development, and Innovation!
1. Explain the forces that motivate organizational
2. Describe a learning organization.
3. Describe the basic change process, and how to
manage resistance to cha
Theories of Work Motivation!
1. Explain and discuss motivation, intrinsic and extrinsic
motivation and self-determination theory.
2. Explain and discuss factors that predict performance, and
define general cognitive abilit
Values, Attitudes, and Work
1. Define values, attitudes and discuss the implications
of individual differences for organizational behaviour.
2. Explain the concept of job satisfaction and discuss
some of its key con
Social Influence, Socialization,
and Organizational Culture
1. Differentiate information dependence from effect
2. Differentiate compliance, identification, and
internalization as motives for social conformity.
After reading Chapter 14 Organisational Structure, you should
be able to explain to the class:
1. Functions of an organisational structure.
2. Merits of different forms of departmentation.
3. Means of achieving orga
OBHR 101 Managing People at Work (MPW)!
Class G3 & G4
Prof Ma Kheng Min
Overview of the field of Organisation Behaviour
(OB) to help you understand, predict, and
influence behaviour in organisational settings.