1. How was the Toorale Man found?
The banks of the Darling River.
2. What did archaeologists learn about the burial? Why is the burial
There sort of lying with the head down like, and then the mouth was
3. What information were the scient
1. What is the NIBIN?
The National Integrated Ballistics Identification Network which was
created by the FBI and the ATF using the IBIS. This network provides
law enforcement agencies around the world with access to the images
2. What is
1. What is liver mortis? How might this reveal information about the time of death?
The liver mortis is when your blood settles in the lowest areas of your body. Liver mitosis is what
happens in your body, 8 to 12 hours following your death.
2. What three
1. What is physical evidence? Provide at least three examples in your answer.
Physical evidence is anything that can establish a crime has happened and anything that
links the crime and the criminal. For example weapons, fibers, and hair.
2. Describe thr
1. What are the three types of fingerprints found in the human population? How often does each
Loop, arch, and whorl are the three types of fingerprints. Loop fingerprints are 60-65
percent of the population, while whorl are 30-35% and arch fingerp
1. What is DNA? Where is it found?
Deoxyribonucleic acid, is the hereditary material in humans and almost all other organisms. .
Most DNA is located in the cell nucleus/ nuclear DNA, but a small amount of DNA can also be
found in the mitochondria
1. When Dr. Bass works cases, either cold cases or ongoing investigation, what is his role in the
Determine the identity of a deceased person, and how long have been dead.
2. What role does the Body Farm play in forensic science?
Most of th
1. What is forensic science?
Forensic science is the application of science to the criminal justice system.
2. What three tasks or responsibilities does a forensic scientist have?
A forensic scientist has the responsibilities of studying criminal acts,
1. What do the left and rights sides of the brain do? Which side of the brain does a police sketch artist
use when creating a suspect sketch?
The left brain interprets and sees the world as symbols and language. While the right side sees
and interprets th