Describe the solutions of each inequality in words.
1. -6 m
2. 3t > 12
3. -x 2
4. 2 + b 10
6. 2.5 < c
7. y -
8. 3 - (4 + 7) h
Graph each inequality.
5. b > -3
Write the inequality shown by each graph.
Homework Help Online
Parent Resources Online
Vocabulary Apply the vocabulary from this lesson to answer each question.
graph is made of connected lines or curves. (continuous or discrete)
13. For six months, a puppy gained weight at a steady rate. Sketch a graph to illustrate
the weight of the puppy during that time period. Tell whether the graph is
continuous or discrete.
Write a possible situation for each graph.
23. Which situation would NOT be represented by a discrete graph?
Amount of money earned based on the number of cereal bars sold
Number of visitors to a grocery store per day for one week
The amount of iced tea in a pitcher at a restaurant during the lunc
1. What is physical evidence? Provide at least three examples in your
Physical evidence is anything that they find at the crime scene that can be
used to link the crime to the criminal. Three examples of physical evidence
are; weapons, fibers, and
1. What is livor mortis? How might this reveal information about the time of
Livor mortis refers to the settling of blood in the lowest parts of the body.
When the heart stops beating and pumping blood through the body, the
blood gathers in the par
1. How was the Toorale Man found?
He was found with axe wounds on his skull. His skull was lying on a well
washed pile of sand. He was arranged lying in a fetal position and his skull
was sticking out.
2. What did archaeologists learn about the burial? Wh
1. Forensic investigators are required to visit crime scenes and conduct
interviews with witnesses. What personal attributes and interpersonal skills
may be required for this type of work? Explain.
Personal skills that a person would need to have would be
1. Describe the crimes that the History Detectives are investigating in the
They are investigating a crime that had taken place in the 1800s. The
murders went on for a year and there were 3 of them. 6 of them that were
murdered were african america
Student Exploration: Photosynthesis Lab
Vocabulary: carbon dioxide, chlorophyll, glucose, limiting factor, nanometer, photosynthesis,
Prior Knowledge Questions (Do these BEFORE using the Gizmo.)
To survive, what gas do we need t
81 Energy and Life
nergy is the ability to do work. Nearly every activity in
modern society depends on one kind of energy or another.
When a car runs out of fuelmore precisely, out of the chemical
energy in gasolineit comes to a sputt
DUE TUESDAY 11/4
Name: _ Period:_
Chapter 8 Study Guide - Key Concepts, Questions and Vocabulary
8.1 Energy and Life
1. Compare and contrast autotrophs and heterotrophs. What are some examples of each?
2. Where do plants get their energy to produce food?
83 The Reactions of Photosynthesis
he requirements of photosynthesis were discovered in the
1800s. It was not until the second half of the 1900s, however, that biologists understood the complex reactions that make
this important cellu