The forensic scientist must be able to determine which facts or
items of evidence are relevant. In most cases, thats easy the item
or items are provided to the forensic scientist for examination and
analysis. In other cases, the forensi
HBS Essay 2016
1. What are the main types of tissue in the human body?
There are four basic types of tissue: epithelial, connective, muscular, and nervous tissue.
2. How does the structure of a type of human tissue relate to its functio
Gyri: one of the many convolutions of the surface of the cerebral hemispheres caused by infolding of the
cortex, separated by fissures or sulci; called also cerebral gyrus.
Sulci: fine depressions of the skin between the ridges of
Epithelial tissue is found all over the body. The function is to protect the tissues that lie
beneath it from radiation, desiccation, toxins, invasion by pathogens, and physical
trauma. Also, it provides sensation.
Becoming credentialed as a registered dietitian requires a bachelor's degree in dietetics, nutrition or a
related field from an accredited university. High-level courses in biochemistry, physiology, food
chemistry, anatomy, culina
Renal Pelvis - the tube through which urine flows from the kidney to the urinary bladder
Renal Medulla - The renal medulla is the innermost part of the kidney and is split up into a number of
Renal Cortex - part of the ki
1. Measurements from which bone - the femur, the radius or the humerus - seemed to best
approximate height? Why do you think this is?
Femur, its actually part of your height, where radius and humerus a
Why is the story of Phineas Gage considered so extraordinary? What does his story teach us about the
The story is extraordinary because (1) he survived a horrible accident in which a part of his
15. Gluteus Maximus and Minimus refers to size
Frontalis and Temporalis refers to location
Orbicularis Oculi and Transverse abdominis refers to shape
Flexor Carpi Ulnaris and Extensor Digitorum Longus refe
Emi Workman B6
1. The effects of diet deficiencies in vitamin A, iron, and iodine are Iron deficiency can
cause anemia which will result in fatigue, infection, and increases the chance that
woman will die of childbirth during delivery. Having t
1. Evaporation, condensation, precipitation, collection
2. When water evaporates, it goes into the air and becomes condensation.
3. Sun creates heat which causes liquid to turn to gas (water to evaporate and form clouds).
4. The colder the tem
Salton, A Sea of Controversy
1. What do you think is the main cause of the problems in the Salton Sea?
The main problem is that it is an important water source but there is no outlet for the water to go to, the
flow stops at the Salton so all
Wolf, Moose, and the Fir tree
1. What Type of correlation, positive or negative would you expect to see between the population
densities or growth rates of each trophic level in this system (fir/wolves/moose) under the
primary productivity hypothes
#1 - The Scientific Process
Unit: Inv. & Exp.
What is Science?
Types of Science
The study of the natural
Natural science vs.
Natural seeks answers to
events in natural world.
2014 Unit Elections - Packet Contents
Unit ElectionsMembership Eligibility Requirements .
Unit Elections Team Checklist
Unit Election Ceremony
Unit Election Report .
Ordeal To Brotherhood .
Unit Elections Evaluation