The Real CSI
1. What happened in the investigation of the Madrid bombings with the fingerprint evidence?
After the madrid bombing took place, the investigators found seven partial prints that
were then sent to different scientists, but no matches were fou
1. How much money was lost to internet thievery? Is this number accurate?
Half a billion dollars, and no this number is not accurate because it doesnt account
for all the unreported money stolen.
2. How has computer hacking changed over the last several d
Human actions that violate the formalized laws of a country, state, or local area like a
city or township.
Norms are formal and informal rules about what is considered appropriate in a
society in terms of behavior, beliefs, and values. For example,
1. What are two of the different legal categories of homicide? Discuss each type and provide
an example of a homicide that would fall under the category.
Murder: 1st degree murder is when you kill with malice, 2nd degree murder is when
you kill from passi
Exploring the Mind of a Killer
1. What factors does Fallon suggest create psychopathic killers?
Genes, Environment, Brain Damage, and timing of developmental age
2. Where did Fallon see damage in the brain when he looked at the brains of psychopathic
Personally, I am a big fan of crime tv shows. I watch NCIS, Bones, and Criminal Minds
regularly. I think my most people are so interested in crime and criminals because they cant
imagine why someone would do those kinds of things. Criminal Minds does an e
1. What are the two types of white-collar crimes?
Typical white-collar crimes include fraud, bribery, Ponzi schemes, insider
trading,embezzlement, cybercrime, copyright infringement, money laundering, identity theft,
1. What are the four body types in William H. Sheldons somatotyping? Describe each body
type and identify which one Sheldon believed was related to delinquency and crime.
Endomorphs are individuals who are soft and round, with a large digestive area. In
1. Why is cyber crime a problem today?
The speed in which cybercrime takes its toll is very rapid, it could be as quickly as
from the time you log out of your bank account in the afternoon and back into it that same
1. What is social disorganization theory?
Social disorganization theory argues that crime is due to social conflict, social
change, and a lack of consensus in the group.
2. What are three of the different adaptations that Merton identifies? Identify and d
Steven Pinker on the Myth of Violence
1.What myth about violence is happening today?
We are getting more and more violent
2.What does Pinker argue about violence?
Pinker argues that we are actually getting less violent as time progressed
3.How do the homi
1. There was a triple murder case of mobsters. The undercover FBI agent let the rest of
the FBI know what he heard while undercover as a mobster.
2. Archaeological digs main focus is to study human activity in the past and their
cultures. This dig was abo