External Signals are Converted to Responses within the Cell
- Two sexes in a yeast cell, a and .
- The a cell secretes a signaling molecule called a factor, which binds to
a specific receptor proteins on nearby cells.
- The cell does th
A Tour of the Cell
The Fundamental Units of Life
- All organisms are made up of cells.
- Cells are the basic units of structure and function.
To Study Cells, Biologists Use Microscopes and the Tools of
- Light microscopes- Two fact
The Structure and Function of Large Biological Molecules
The Molecules of Life
- Four classes of large molecules: carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and
- Macromolecules- are large molecules composed of thousands of
covalently connected atoms
Growth of Microorganisms
Height of Layers
Partners: Maya Hopkins, Ivy Ling, Jonelle Sedgwick
Designing and conducting your own experiment:
How do environmental factors (wind, heat, moisture) affect the rate of transpiration, which of
Alejandra Garcia, Kyla Pataki
1. Cellular Respiration is an exergonic reaction. It occurs continuously to provide the cell
with a constant release of energy in small amounts. Cellular respiration is conducting at
all times in the ev
Alejandra Garcia- Ivy Ling
Problem Statement: Does the concentration of the substrate affect the rate of the reaction?
IV: The concentration (dilution) of the substrate milk.
DV: time it takes the reaction to occur (
Kyla Pataki, Alejandra Garcia
1. Cellular Respiration is an exergonic reaction, in that it occurs spontaneously. It occurs
continuously to provide the cell with a constant net release of free energy. Cellular
respiration is conducting at all times in the