1. In the US, the avg height for females is 411 & 7/8 tall. False
2. Being tall and heavier is an advantage in all sports. False
3. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, liposuction was
the most popular cosmetic surgical
The number one Help
US governmental agencies are working to ensure equal opportunity to all through the _ against discrimination in employment, housing
and other areas.
Enforcement of existing state laws
Introduced in the US during the 1980s, _ is an ideo
The weighted average number of shares outstanding during 2010 was: 565,000
There was no preferred stock. If net income for the year ended December 31, 2010 was
$1,072,500, the earnings per share were: $2.75
3. Advance Systems, Inc. had 840,000 shares of c
A New World
Longer and better lives have brought about an accelerated growth of the human race. People on our planet have increased from 2.5 billion in 1951. t-
4.5 billion in 1980 and to more than 7 billion in the year2012.
An impressive illustration o
1. More than race, the concept of ethnicity is rooted in
a. Social groups and their cultures
2. When members of different races interbreed that _ produce offspring that possess all the racially
1. P Company wants to invest in a large machine. Their analysis yielded a positive NPV of $47,000. What
does this mean for Cordon Company?
Cordon should buy the machine. Explain why.
2. Your new boss at Joes Trucking Company has asked you to calculate the
Selected year-end data of this big Company (in thousands) for 2010 and 2009 is as follows:
1. Knowitall Corporation issued a non-interest bearing note in 2011 with a face value of $100,000. What
are the proceeds of the note if the market rate is 5% compounding annually and matures in 3 years?
2. Johnsons Department Store wants to raise
1. Chris Farely made an investment on August 1, 2011 which earned $9,000 one year later. If the
investments rate of return was 8%, how much did Sonny invest?
2. Patricia inherited $25,000 and invests this amount in an account that earns 4% intere
1. Match the next financial statements with the items below.
A. Income Statement
B. Balance Sheet
_ 1. Common Stock
_ 2. Treasury Stock
_ 3. Extraordinary Loss
_ 4. Cost of Goods Sold
_ 5. Bonds Payable
_ 6. Goodwill
_ 7. Accumulated Depreciation
_ 8. Pre
1. The first year of operation for the Thomaston Corporation was 2007. They authorized 5,000,000 shares
of $2 par common stock and sold a total of 1,500,000 shares to stockholders. In 2012, Sommerville,
Corporation repurchased 25,000 shares. How many shar
Provides information about cash inflows and outflows during an accounting period.
Find the changes between two balance sheets
o Sources = positive = increase in liabilities or decrease in assets
o Uses = Negative = Decrease in liabilities or inc
Common Size Balance Sheet
A common size balance sheet presents each item on the balance sheet as a percentage
of total assets. Provides distribution of assets within each category: current, long
Current Assets (CA)
Compute sales growth:
It is important to determine whether the change is a result of price, volume, or a
combination of both.
Higher quality earnings would be a product of both volume and price increase.
Question: Whether sales is growing in
1. On January 1, 2020, The Hallis Corporation issued $800,000 of 12-year bonds with a face rate of
10%. Interest is paid SEMIANNUALLY. The market rate of interest on January 1, 2009 was 8%. What
was the PROCEEDS from the bond issue? $921,960
2. How would
1. Which classifications on the statement of cash flows with the events listed below. Unless
otherwise indicated, assume payments made or received are for cash.
D)Noncash Financing and Investing
E)Not on cash flow state
1. Burbank Company sold equipment for $10,000 cash. The equipment cost Radcliff $110,000
and had accumulated depreciation of $70,000 at the time of the sale. How would the accounting
equation change as a result of this transaction? Assets decrease & Stock
Sample Exam 3
1. Which of the following is not a mode of nuclear decay?
a. neutron capture
b. positron emission
c. electron capture
d. alpha emission
e. electron emission
2. Which one of the following processes results in an increase in the
Exam 2 Review
Chapter 16: Acid-Base Equilibria
! List some properties of acids and bases.
! Define acid and base according to the Arrhenius Theory.
! What are the limitations of the Arrhenius Theory of acids and bases?
! Define acid and base according to
Sample Exam 2
The conjugate acid of hydrogen carbonate ion, HCO3, in aqueous solution is
2. The pOH of a 0.150 M HI aqueous solution equals
Exam 1 Review
Chapter 19: Thermodynamics
What is thermodynamics?
What are the 3 types of chemical reactions? Define each one.
What are some examples of spontaneous processes?
What are the 2 conditions necessary to make a process spontaneous?
Sample Exam 1
1. The following reaction
C(s) + CO2(g) 2CO(g)
is spontaneous only at temperatures in excess of 1100 K. From this information,
we can conclude that
a. > 0 and So < 0
b. Ho < 0 and So < 0
c. Ho > 0 and So > 0
d. Ho < 0 and So > 0
In real life. those we do not know or understand often repel us. Yet after they have become our friends. we wonder why they once seemed monstrous to
us. Nowhere is the story of Beauty and the Beast more apparent than in schools. where the diversity of stu
1. The power of religion rests in the unknown and the many mysteries of life true
2. Fantasies require no belief in them and can serve as a means of constructing
hypotheses to test. True
3. The tem politics has come to refer to the activit
Ms. Kiklas ([email protected])
Eric Rivera ([email protected])
Subject: Carnival Student Tour Package Inquiry
Your message regarding student package deals has prompted me to send you a response. We, at
Carnival cruise lin
Informative Interview Memo
May 20, 2013
Informative Interview Memo
This memo describes what I have learned during my informational interview with Megan Smith.
She is a senior audit manager employed at Sun Trust Banks, Inc. in Atla
How Does Body Art Affect Professional Advancement?
A. How many of you currently have a form of body art? How many of you plan to acquire
body art in the future?
B. Have you ever considered how this decision could affect your life professio