Exam One, Study Guide
This test will be based upon the book chapters since the beginning of the semester. You will not
need to review the weekly media worksheets.
Re-read Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, focusing on the concepts and ideas rather than de
Textbook Assignment Chapters 3 and 4
1) Draw a picture of a Travelling salesman network but label it with real places in a
realistic setting. (You can hand draw it and scan, or you can use PowerPoint to draw it, and
then cut and paste on
Chapter 6 Questions
1) Briefly define freedoms of the air.
2) In some countries, such as Ghana, the governments will not agree to many of the
freedoms of the air for what primary reason?
3) What is the primary source of human emissions directly into the u
Chapter 1 Questions
1) Describe the meaning of a mode.
2) What were the top five airlines in the world in 2004?
3) How many of these were based in the United States?
4) What general pattern do you see in inbound and outbound air travel to and from
Which is NOT considered a true mode of transportation in tourism?
Under which condition is government regulation NOT as acceptable as free market forces
in transportation provision?
Quiz 2 Study Guide
This quiz covers Chapters 3, 4 and 5. Pay particular attention to the following information:
What are personal and supplied modes of transportation?
Refamiliarize yourself with the coach transport information on pp. 97-99.