1. The maximum charge on the capacitor in an oscillating LC circuit is Q0. What is the capacitor
charge, in terms of Q0, when the energy in the capacitors electric field equals the energy in
the inductors magnetic field?
Physics 48 Worksheet 10
1. You have two electrically neutral metal cylinders that exert strong attractive forces on each
other. You have no other metal objects. Can you determine if both of the cylinders are
permanent magnets, or if one is a permanent mag
1. The following inductors are connected to a DC
a. Can you tell which inductor has the larger current
through it? If so, which one?
a. No. Since
V = L
and V and L are both
known, we can only find
, not I.
1. If a magnet is pushed into a coil, voltage is induced across the coil. If the same magnet is
pushed into a coil with twice the number of loops
A. one half as much voltage is induced.
B. the same voltage is induced.
C. twice as
;.;. P'hysics4B Worksheet 8
1. What is AV across the unspeciﬁed circuit element?
‘ 45 j wrjnﬁmriygm x “gig”: 1
m 6V + V
4. What is the magnitude and direction of the current in the 309 resistor in the circuit
' -m»2dnmw 5. What is the c
.321 Physics4B Worksheet”?
1. A narrow copper wire of length L and radius b is attached to a wide copper wire of length
L and radius 2b, forming one long wire of length 2L. This long wire is attached to a
battery, and a current is ﬂowing through it. If th
Sketch the electric field produced by the following sets of charges:
a. A positive charge
b. a negative charge
c. a positive and a negative charge
d. two positive charges
1. Complete the following statement: When a glass rod is
Physics 43 Worksheet 4
1. The electric field is constant over each face of the cube below. Does the cube contain a net
positive charge, negative charge, or no charge?
1.0 cm X 10 cm 3. Gauss’ law may be written: (138
1. Rank in order, from largest to smallest, the potential differences V12, V13, and V23 between
points 1 and 2, points 1 and 3, and points 2 and 3.
V13 > V12 > V23
V13 = V23 > V12
V13 > V23 > V12
V12 > V13 = V23
Physics 43 WOI'kShEEt 1 Fall 2014
1. A plastic rod is charged by rubbing with a wool cloth, and brought close to an initially neutral
metal sphere (insulated from ground). It is allowed to touch the sphere for a few seconds, and
then is separated from the
1. (a) Find the electric field at point A below. (b) Find the acceleration of an electron at point A.
Answers can be given as either magnitude and direction, or component form.
2. A parallel-plate capacitor is formed from two 7.00 c
1. What is the equivalent capacitance of this circuit?
Because C1 and C2 are in parallel, their equivalent capacitance Ceq 12 is
Ceq 12 = C1 + C2 = 20 F + 60 F = 80 F
Then, Ceq 12 and C3 are in series. So,