TMC 410 Assignment 1
A. The industry I chose is Scheduled Passenger Air Transportation, NAICS 481111. The
scheduled passenger air transportation is just another word for airline pilots. We offer
our expertise to transport passengers from one destinat
Chapter 9 Capacity Planning and Location assignment is completing Problems 7 and 18:
7. The Steiner-Wallace Corporation has determined that it needs to expand in order to accommodate
growing demand for its laptop computers. The decision has come down to e
Chapter 7 Assignment is Problems 1 and 3.
1 Jason Carter works for a producer of soaps that come in packages of 6 each. His job is to fill
the packages with soap, and he is expected to process 30 packages an hour. The facility where
Jason works uses a Kan
Chapter 6: Statistical Quality Control
It is Chapter 6, Statistical Process Control, Problem 2 and 8. Be sure to show how you derived
your answer to Problem 1.
2. A quality control inspector at the Beautiful Shampoo Company has taken three samples with
Chapter 5: Total Quality Management
4. An engine system consists of three main components in a series, all having the same
reliability. Determine the level of reliability required for each of the components if the engine is
to have a reliability of 0.998.
Chapter 4: Supply Chain Management
1. Gabriela Manufacturing must decide whether to insource or outsource a new toxic-free
miracle carpet cleaner that works with its Miracle Carpet Cleaning Machine. If it decides to
insource the product, the pr
3. Tasty Ice Cream is a year-round take-out ice cream restaurant that is considering an
additional product, hot chocolate. Considering the additional machine, it would need plus
cups and ingredients, it estimates fixed costs to be $200 per y
The assignment for Chapter 2 Strategy and Competitiveness:
1. Two workers have the job of placing plastic labels on packages before the packages are
shipped out. The first worker can place 1000 labels in 30 minutes. The second worker
can place 850 labels
The Case - Creative Care Animal Clinic (A)
1. Identify the operations management problems that Dr. Barr is having at the clinic.
Dr. Barr is having many operational problems at the clinic, since she is a service business,
her problem is effectively give t
Chapter 1 Solution
Creature Care Animal Clinic (A)
Identify the operations management problems that Dr. Barr is having at the clinic.
The two operations management problems described in the case are scheduling and
inventory control. Scheduling problems
14. An assembly line must be designed to produce 40 containers per hour. The following data in Table
10-18 give the necessary information.
Table 10-18 Task Information for Problem 14
Task Immediate Predecessor Task Time (sec)