In light of recent changes in US policies regarding travel to Cuba, it is likely arrivals will
increase to Cuba. If you worked in promoting tourism to Cuba:
1) What specific things would you do to encourage tourism to Cuba?
2) How would you try to ensure
1. Volunteer tourism is also named Voluntourism, it advocates that travelers assume some
social responsibility during the trip. Such as participation in the protection of wildlife, or
help to improve the local cleanness, education and culture.
2. Hajj Pil
1. Medical tourism is tourism service that based on the topic of medical care, disease and
health, recovery and relax.
The medical tourism in Thailand started in 1997, since 2004, Thailand government
decided to promote its medical service, h
What are the major areas (sub-regions) in Western Europe, including
Nordic Europe, Northern Europe?
The major areas of Western Europe are Nordic Europe, Northern Western
Europe, and Southern Western Europe. Nordic consists of Denmark,
Book Chapter 3.2 (Page 149-169)
1. What is pro-poor tourism? Discuss how pro-poor tourism can help the poor
not just through trickledown but also from more targeted tourism programs.
In developing countries, pro-poor tourism is set up to improve the local
1. What is volunteer tourism and how it helps destination communities? Please
Volunteer tourism is a combination of both travel and voluntary work. This
type of tourism provides a more beneficial travel experience for both the
volunteer and the
1. What is SAARC? What is the role of SAARC in tourism
promotion/development in the region?
The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is a
supranational organization that exists in South Asia. It is an economic and
1. What are the impacts of climate change in the Caribbean Islands and how the
impacts can be reduced (based on the Caribbean video). 2 pts
Climate change is a huge thing throughout the world, but a real big problem in
the Caribbean Islands. Storms and he
1. What is the DMZ? Explain why tourists want to visit the DMZ?
The Demilitarized Zone, or DMZ, is a significant tourist attraction on both
sides of the border of North and South Korea. Tours take place on both sides of
the DMZ. People want to come and vi
Oceania and Asia + Antarctica
1. Antarctica is at huge risk from human activity. Global warming and other
human impacts are disrupting the ice of Antarctica, and increasing the
melting factor. With all the pollution and carelessness of humans, there will
1. What is medical tourism? Explain the challenges of medical tourism in
A growing part of Thailands economy is medical tourism. Medical tourism is
the act of people traveling outside of their country for healthcare purposes.
Medical tourism hel
1. List 10 major tourist attractions of South America (use the textbook).
Explain four of them in four different countries.
There are many different tourist attractions in South America. Machu Picchu in Peru,
consists of ruins of the Incant city. This des
Study Guide Test 1 Summer 2017 TDM 458 Online
Test 1 will be open on Monday, June 5 from 6:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m. The
test consists of about 50 multiple choice, matching, true/false, and fill in the
blank and a few short essay type questions that you wi
Critical Analysis 3
1. What did you find interesting about emerging economies that main focus is
An interesting trend has to do with emerging economies. In the past, emerging
economy destinations have grown faster than advanced economy
1. SRAAC is South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation, it is a nonpolitical organization that in
order to promote the cooperation of the economy, society, culture and technology in the South Asia.
2. The dominant religion of South Asia is Hindu, al
1. The Western Europe can be divided into three sub-regions, which are Northern Europe,
Western Europe and Southern Europe.
2. Scandinavia is part of Northern Europe.
3. According to three sub-regions, the most popular region is the Western Europe, Spain
1. Tourism system is a whole system that consists many separate parts stick together to
make it function, each separate part is virtual and useful for the operation of the
tourism system. According to the lecture video said, Tourists, Host community and
How has the colonization of Latin America by Spain, Portugal and the British influenced
(positively or negatively) tourism and/or tourism development in Latin America today?
Give two examples from the powerpoint, readings or other sources and explain how
Taking Pride in Nicaragua - the Positive Role of Tourism | Blogs | teleSUR English
Study Guide Test 2
Spring 2016 TDM 458 in person
Test 2 will be ofered online through Blackboard. The test will be open from 6:00 am until 11:59
pm on Thursday April 28. You will have 75 minutes to complete the test. The test will consist of
about 50 mult
Study Guide Test 1
Spring 2016 TDM 458
Test 1 will be given in class on Thursday March 3. You will have the entire class period to complete the
test. The test will consist of about 50 multiple choice, matching, true/false and fill in the blank and a few
What will we cover in this course?
This course includes a global examination of
international tourism and its significance as a
vehicle for social and economic development.
The aim is fo
TOURISM IN ASIA
OVERVIEW OF ASIA
Strong and vibrant cultures
Less assimilated by the west
Preserved traditional practices including:
OVERVIEW OF ASIA
Pakistan, India, B
Country Report- China
Country Report- China
Arizona State University
Country Report- China
China is called Peoples Republic of China; it is located in East Asia. China is a
sovereign socialist country which lead by the commu
What is the DMZ? Explain why tourists want to visit the DMZ?
The DMK is the Korean Demilitarized Zone. It is a piece of land that runs across the Korean
Peninsula. It was created as a buffer zone between the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea
1. The major difference between Western Europe and Eastern Europe is that most regions in
Western Europe were long under the control of various feuding empires, However, many
states of Eastern Europe are recent creations.
As for their economic difference,
1. Pro-poor tourism is a pattern for improving the local economy in the poor area by
developing tourism. As we know that trickle down for the pro-poor tourism is virtual,
but the development of tourism also needs the other tourism programs such as
1. Afghanistan is the country that was not the part of the former USSR. Afghanistan has the
similarities in the culture, belief, language and geography with the other neighbor
countries, so it belongs to Central Asia.
2. Landlocked: Central Asia is surrou
Tourism PowerPoint week one
What is it Tourism I defined as the processes activities and outcomes arising from the
relationships and interactions among tourists, tourism suppliers, host government, host
communities, and surrounding environments that are i