World War II Biographies
Benito Mussolini http:/www.notablebiographies.com/Mo-Ni/Mussolini-Benito.html
Information about Mussolini's life, the birth of fascism, and the Italian leader's military
dictatorship. Includes links to information about Adolf Hitl
1920s Web Search
Name: Kayci Johnson
View the following websites and answer the corresponding questions.
Why was there Prohibition in the United States?
It was a measure designed to reduce drinking and by eliminating business th
1. The roman empoire founded it.
2. Lines that relfect this include
3. Since Christianity spread so vastly and had so many followers, it
was very unifying.
4. These passages reveal that as long as the mortals behave and do
wehat they are told and behave g
It rose out of the National Socialist Movement.
The source is the execution of the nations common will and the power is absolute.
It is so devastating because land is what holds the family and tribe together.
I think they were not zealous in spreading th
1. The mother country is England.
2. Exclusive trade with the mother country diminishes the colonies development because it doesnt
allow them to make a big profit and expand their relations.
3. She criticizes that kings do not care about their fellow men
1. There are about 6 railroad lines that reach from coast to coast. These include the Canadian
Northern, Canadian Pacific among many others in the U.S.
2. The territorial expansions were complete by 1894.
3. Land they acquired from Britain and Russia alon
1. He expects to integrate with the characteristics of the nation and given a definite national form.
2. He thinks that it is time for a change from the ancient culture. This differs because most Chinese
leaders wouldnt even dream about changing th
1. The fact that he says the only way to it is through the palace and the animals serve as meals for
his hawks suggests that it is only used for Kublai Khan.
2. Kublai Khan selected Shangdu for his summer residence because the weather was beautiful and
Look up and write a brief summary (5 sentences minimum) about the following important people
during the 19th Century.
1. Muhammad Ibn abd al-Wahhab: Muhammad was born in 1703 and died in 1792. He
lived in central Arabia in Nejd. He began the movement that
1. Thurn demanded that Slavata and Martinits be killed and a Protestant
emergency government be established.
2. They fell into a wagon of poop, saving their lives.
3. This incident led to the outbreak of war because nobody knew if it was god
who saved the
The Election of a New King & A King Selected by Brahmans and Endorsed by the Gods
1. The Buddhas story about the election of the first king reflects this social history because it
shows how they chose their kings based o
1. The point of this report was to explain how the Chinese acted around the Portuguese and the
impression the Chinese left.
2. This observers view could be so inaccurate because the writer doesnt like how the Chinese
have only taken their neighbors
1. Alexandria is a good place for trade because it is at the crossroads of two major roads that are
large enough for horses and had huge public parks.
2. Trade effects its development because it allowed for cultures to interact with each other and
1. These words tell us that the relationship between rulers and their followers were like a family
2. In Han China they believed that only men should have control and serve in government roles.
3. He established schools and educational systems and m
1. Yes, they were in charge of telling the legacies of the kingdom.
2. I dont believe that oral telling of stories is very reliable because like the game telephone, the
stories can easily be altered and misheard.
3. Characteristics of bad rulers in
1. Each map reveals their religious views and how the world was organized.
2. I think the first one was used as a guide to any place in the world while the second was used to
determine the distance to the holy city.
3. Chinese maps included moral and poli
1. This description conveys a sense of proper Muslim because it explains the ways the Muslims
lived and why they lived that way.
2. Ten ways that Bello was exemplary include obeying religious injunctions, preached to people, set
an example, upheld the sha
Mercantilism serves the wealth of Great Britain and Ireland.
The key tenets of mercantilism are foreign trade.
Silver is more important than gold because that is what money is made out of.
Lines in the reading that are evidence
1. Spartans viewed children as property.
2. The major emphasis of Spartan Education was perfect obedience.
3. Spartan education compared to Athenian education by Spartans valued physical power where as
Athenians valued m
1. Some East Germans tried to circumvent the barriers by using holiday visas or drove until they
saw an unarmed post or a guard that would them through.
2. They didnt intervene because they werent exactly opposed to the wall coming down.
3. This tells us
1. He thought it was a desecration because the Volturno was such a beautiful place yet all of the
fighting and carnage was taking place there.
2. It was so remarkable because there was 3 times as many of the enemy army.
3. I think the red shirts were so l