Review Questions for Final
1. Why is it a mistake to ask how much of development is nature and how much is nurture?
2. What is the difference between a critical period and a sensitive period of development?
3. Why do developmental psyc
1. Bacteria: Single celled organisms possessing a prokaryotic type cell
Very diverse group reproducing very quickly.
Can be autotrophic/heterotrophic and asexual/sexual
2. Archaea: Any unicellular microorganism, distinct bacteria and eukaryotes
June 16, 2013
Chapters `19 and 20
1. The period is the time of the to and fro swing, which depends on the length of a
pendulum. A long pendulum has the longer period because it swings less frequently than
a short pendulum.
2. The wavelengt
Week 3 RQ
1. Impulse is the product of force and how long it takes to complete that force, whereas
momentum is the inertia in an object and the product of mass of an object and its velocity.
The two are related because impul
The Sunshine Victim
Are you D-ficient?
Presented by Porsha
to our bodies
For healthy teeth and
How much do
5 mcg (200
May 15, 2013
1. What state of motion did Aristotle attribute to the Earth? Natural motion
2. What does it mean to say that a moving object has inertia? This means that the object
will continue to go on forever, unless s
June 5, 2013
1. What did Newton discover about gravity? He discovered that a force must act on the
planets otherwise their paths would be straight lines. He stated that the force of
gravity was the force that pulled the plane
Evolution: How to Prepare Your Students
Children have to be educated, but they also have to be left to educate themselves.
(Abbe Dimnet, Art of Thinking, 1928) I found this quote to be very interesting, especially when
dealing with the issue o