1. After reading the 1st and 2nd chapter I was given hints on what this chapter would be
about. I would have to say its about coming up with a clear thesis and strongly
2. When writing the thesis does it have to include the topics
1. This chapter seems to be about the part of essay writing that deals with revising and
fixing your essay.
2. Why is using parallelism key when revising and editing your essay? When using a
consistent point of view why can you not shif
Chapter 24 Fragments
Review test 1
1/2. For children in the areas that get snow, there is stages of snow days.
4. The first day is always fun,
Review Test 1
1. Yellowstone National Park, located in Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana, is
home to Old Faithful, the worlds famous geyser.
2. Each of their children was given a name picked at random from a page of
3. Near the top of the
1. This chapter seems to be about the basics of writing. Not necessarily going into depth,
but just laying down the importance and the structure of writing an essay.
2. So if I dont think clearly I wont write clearly? What is the differ
Review test 1
1. Langston Hughes (1902-1967) wrote plays, poetry, and essays.
2. Alex Haleys career included writing several short stories and essays, authoring roots,
some of the novel that made him famous and also editing the autobiography of
Review Test 7
1. The health inspector closed the pizza restaurant.
2. Workers in the library sorted a huge stack of donated books.
3. Carl Sandburg wrote a poem about Chicago entitled City of Big Shoulders.
4. Sir Alexander Fleming discovered
Review Test 1
1. I nearly napped for 20 minutes during the biology lecture. MM
2. I napped for nearly 20 minutes during the biology lecture. C
3. The spacecraft traveled nearly 142 million miles to reach Mars. MM
4. The spacecraft nearly travel
1. The bobcat sat high on a rock, stared down at the unsuspecting rodent, and leaped upon
2. Some Native Americans lived in the desert, built permanent homes that were usually
made of Adobe, which resembled stucco.
3. By 6
1. This chapter seems to be about the 4 standard methods for revising your essay, or the 4
things you should look for when revising.
2. Why is support a factor to look for when revising your essay. What makes a stronger
essay other than
[Last Name] 1
26 June 2015
A Modest Proposal or a Sick Idea
A Modest Proposal was a satire essay written by Jonathan Swift in 1729 as a political
pamphlet. Swift wrote this in response to the horrific treatment of Irish Ca
Quiz 2: 1
Question 1: F
Question 2: TS
Question 3: F
Question 4: B
Question 5: TS
Question 6: B
Question 7: B
Question 8: F
Question 9: TS
Question 10: F
Question 11: Presidential agenda the most general idea educational plan, tax reform, abortion rights
July 26, 2011
Domestic Violence in a Relationship
Domestic violence is a serious crime plaguing the United States, as well as many countries
around the world. In the majority of these situations, the victims are women, battered by t