A career that is upwardly mobile, with a number of jobs that
are fundamentally different yet still build on one another is
known as a(n) _ career.
If you are happiest being a "hands-on" professional rather
than becoming a manager, you may prefer
1. Serous membrane covering the heart is called_epicardium_(secretes serous
2. Another name for epicardium _visceral
3. Inner layer of heart
4. Four chambers of the heart_LA, LV, RA,
5. Other names f
71. Carlie, Clarke and Armando met once a week for several months in the fall to
decide how to reorganize their department work spaces when the organization
moved to a new building in January. This is an example of a
A. top management team.
65. _ is defined as the psychological processes that arouse and direct goaldirected behavior.
E. Incented action
66. A simple model of motivation does NOT include which of the following?
69. Gen Yers are more likely than older workers to
A. be very independent.
70. The stable psychological traits and behavioral attributes that give a person her
identity are known as her
71. Which of the following is one of the Big Five
Chapter 9: Organizational cultures, innovation, and change: adaptability and values set the tone
9.1 what is nature of organizational culture?
Organizational culture is personality of organization
Organizational culture: system of shared beliefs and valu
Chapter 6: controls and control systems: What gets measured happens
6.1 How and why do managers use the control process?
Controlling is one of the 4 functions of management
Controlling: process of measuring performance and taking action to ensure d
Chapter 4: Managers as decision makers: there is no substitute for a good decision
4.1 How do managers use info to solve problems?
Managers use technological, informational, and analytical competencies to solve problems
Problem solving: process of
Chapter 5: Plans and planning techniques: get there faster with objectives
5.1 How and why do managers use the planning process?
Planning is one of the 4 functions of management
Planning: process of setting performance objectives and determining ho
Chapter 2: Mgt learning: great things grow from strong foundations
2.1 what are the lessons of classical management approaches?
Classical approaches: assumption: people are rational
Scientific management: Frederick Taylor
Administrative principles: Henr
Chapter 3: ethics and social responsibility: character doesnt stay home when we go to work
3.1 how do ethics and ethical behavior play out in the workplace?
Ethics: code of moral principles that set standards of good or bad, right or wrong
Chapter 8: Organization structure and design: Its all about working together
8.1 What is organizing as a managerial responsibility?
Organizing is one of the management functions
Organizing: arranges people and resources to work toward a common goal
68. Which of the following is an effective way to deal with change and innovation?
D. Have the courage to follow your ideas
69. Which of the following is NOT a supertrend shaping the future of business?
C. Information becoming a competitive advantage
66. The activities managers perform to plan for, attract, develop and retain an effective
workforce are called
C. human resource management.
67. The strategic human resource management process includes which of these?
C. Establish the grand stra
Skeletal Muscle Review
1. Name a skeletal muscle by its direction: _rectus femoris_(straight) transverse
2. Name a skeletal muscle by its location_frontalis_temporalis
3. Name a skeletal muscle by its shape_deltoid_
4. Muscles that
Lecture Foundation Questions Chapter 28 ReproductionAnswers
1. Gynecology is the specialized branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and
treatment of diseases of the female reproductive tract. Urology is the study of the urinary
system, and also
Lecture Foundation Questions Chapter 29 Development-Answers
1. The merging of a sperm cell and secondary oocyte is called Fertilization
2. The attachment of a fertilized blastocyst to the endometrium of the uterus is called
Implantation Female Cats Make
Lecture Foundation Questions Chapter 22 Lymphatic & Immune System
1. The functions of Helper T cells include secretion of a variety of cytokines, which stimulates
the activation and proliferation of WBCs (cytokines are kind and bring help to the site)
Review Questions Chapter 22-Lymphatic System and ImmunityAnswers
1) Which of the following is not true of lymph and the lymphatic system?
a) it returns excess interstitial fluid to the blood
b) it responds to certain microbes and abnormal cells
Lecture Foundation Questions Chapter 26 Urinary SystemAnswers
1. The major work of the urinary system is done by what paired organs Kidneys
2. Urine leaves the kidney through Ureters and is stored in the Urinary Bladder until expulsion
3. The three func
1. The term for sense of smell is OLFACTION and is controlled by Cranial Nerve # 1
2. The term for sense of taste is called GUSTATION and the receptor cells are located in TASTE
Structures that produce and drain tear
Nerve Plexuses Review
1. The cervical nerve is composed of nerves from _c1-c5_.
2. The cervical plexus nerve that innervates the
3. The brachial plexus is composed of nerves from _c5-c8/t1_.
4. The brachial plexus nerve that innervates
Which of the following statements about biased decision
making is true?
C. When confronted with a choice, people with strong prior beliefs
tend to make their decisions based on their beliefs even if their
beliefs are false.
Which of the following is a ste
According to productivity expert Odette Pollar, which of the
following should a manager delegate?
B. Tasks that challenge subordinates.
Which of the following is a good reason to avoid delegating
D. A fear that sensitive personnel matters will not
A _ represents an "educated guess" about what must
be done in the long term for survival or the prosperity of the
organization or its principal parts.
"Find out what customers want, then provide it to them as
cheaply and quickly as possible" i
Chapter 7: strategy and strategic management: insight and hard work deliver results
7.1 What types of strategies are used by organizations?
Strategy Is a comprehensive plan for achieving competitive advantage
Strategy: comprehensive action plan tha