4755 — 2 - Page 5
A) osmosis C) ingestion
B) active transport D) staining
24) The volume of liquid in the graduated cylinder shown below is
A) fertilization C) cleavage
B) meiotic cell division D) mitotic cell division
26) Which diagram best
4755 -2 - Page 11
sent the changes in a habitat containing a population of noan
ver a period of time. Diagram A represents the distribution of these
n was formed. Diagram B represents the distribution of insects after a
49) The diagrams below rep
4755 - 2 - Page 13
53) The following represents a food chain:
ush if aphid 1:1.“ ladybird beetie it” spider it“ toad 11:“ snake
pulation with the smallest number of animals probably
At which stage in the food chain will the po
A) aphid ‘
4755 - 2 - Page 12
51) Diagrams A through E show the general appearance of ﬁve tree fruits which were used by a
g (not drawn to scale)
Silver Nonivay White Red Shagbark
Maple Male Ash Oak Hic
( (C) (D)
4755 - 2 - Page 10
The somatic nervous system contains nervesthatrmfrom the central nervous system to the
A) muscles of the skeleton
B) endocrine glands
C) smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract
4755 - 2 - Page 14
57) The diagram below represents the pathway of the blood thoughout the body.
Which structure pumps oxygenated blood throughout the body?
A) 9 B) 10 C) 8 D) 1
58) An investigation was conducted to observe the effects o
/ 4755 - 2 - Page 17
’ H H O H O
H H E
l I I II I
:N-CIZ—Cf + :N—c-c’: ‘_’ :N-C-C-N-C-Cf + H20
73) H H OH H H OH F H A HH OH
A B C D
The reaction indicated by arrow E illustrates
A) aerobic respiration C) photolysis
B) dehydration synthesis D) hydrolysi
4755 - 2 - Page 15
/61) The diagram below represents part of an organic molecule.
The diagram represents a molecule of
A) ATP B) FSH C) DNA D) RNA
62) In one of his experiments with pea plants, Mendel noted that 75% of the offspring of a certain cross
4755 - 2 - Page 2
86) Which piece of laboratory equipment would be used to obtain the most accurate measure of the
volume of a glucose solution?
Brown Gray White
Moth Wing Color
A fungus infection affected nearly
4755 - 2 - Page 1
66) h a certain species of army art, the gene for long mandibles (M) is dominart overthe gene for
short mandibles (m). I‘ a biologist wants to produce ants with long mandibles oriy, which ants
should be crossed?
A) homozygous short-mandi
4755 - 2 — Page 1
77) Keys are used by biologists to aocuatelydassify uknown orgarisms such as the midentiﬁed
female mosqu'to shown in the diagram below. These keys are designed to categorize organisms
according to structural characteristics. The key show
4755 - 2 - Page 9
41) In the diagram below of undisturbed sedimentary rock strata, in which rock layer are the fossils of
more complex animals generally found?
A) D B) E C) A D) B
42) The modern classiﬁcation system is based on structural similarities a
4755 — 2 - Page 19
This area has a low annual rainfall and a rapid rate of evaporation. In order for plants to survive.
they must be adapted to conserve moisture. Animals here are active mainly at night.
4755 — 2 - Page 21
Which DNA strand below represents the complementary base sequence of a DNA strand
represented in the diagram above?
0 G T A
A C A 1C;
T A G
A) G B) T C) C D) C
A c A T
c G T A
89) An activity carried on by every living pl
4755 - 2 — Page 24 _\
100) The diagram below represents the sequence of events in a cell undergoing normal meiotic cell
/ _. *4» s
Which diagram most likely represents stage D of this sequence?
4755 - 2 - Page 23
.—.v “s.— ._.,.~“.: h.
. “ﬁn—w“ .—. v.4“ “(ans p‘acsed water and. bromthymol
blue in each of four test tubes as shown in the diagrams below. No additional items were placed in
tube 1, a snail was placed in tube 2, an aquatic plant (elod
4755 - 2 - Page 1
AP Biology Final Exam
Directions: You will do Great!
1) Into which system do endocrine glands secrete hormones?
A) reproductive B) nervous C) circulatory D) digestive
2) The diagram below shows a moss plant and a metric ruler.
4755 - 2 - Page 2
Which term includes all the activities requ'red to Keep an orgarism alive? ~
A) growth 8) nutrition C) metabolism D) excretion
in humans, one difference between the nervous system and the endocrine system is that
A) only the ne
4755 - 2 — Page 3
For the given function, select the organ which is most closely associated with the function.
production of urea
Proteins are synthesized from less complex organic
A) selectivity of the plasma membrane C) selectivity of the cel wail
8) number of nucleoli D) number of chromosomes
An example of a human response is
A) the fragrance of
4755 - 2 - Page 7
Equal amounts of a mixture of yeast and water were placed in each of four different test tubes. One
of four different sugars, A, B. c, on D, was added to each test tube in equal concentration. The
volume of 002 liberated
4755 - 2 - Page 6
28) Which portions ofthe graph represent oriy homozygous genotypes?
A) AandC B) BandC C) AandD D) BandD
29) Which portions of the graph represent only heterozygous individuals?
A) AandD B) CandD C) AandB D) BandC
30) Which life activit
4755 - 2 - Page 2
92) me diagrams below represent organ systems.
Cardiovascular diseases interfere most directly with the normal functioning of system
A) E B) D C) C D) G
93) The diagram below represents the inheritance of stem height in garden peas.
4755 - 2 - Page 8
38) h a large popdaﬁon located in a constant envirormert, the folowing conditions exist random
mating, no migration, and no mutations. Wl'ioh will most probably oocu' within the popdation?
A) All gene frequencies will decrease.
B) The do