Describe the processes of the scientific method.
List basic SI units and the quantities they describe.
Convert measurements into scientific notation.
Distinguish between accuracy and precision.
Use significant figures in measurements and calcula
Forces and Motion
Do Not Write On This Quiz
1) Mutt and Jeff are running along a path each pushing a cart loaded with rocks. If Mutt's wagon
has a mass two times greater than Jeff's and they want to stay together, arriving at their
destination at t
The Kinematics test will be given on November 18, 2016. Be sure you
can do all of the following to be successful on the test. You should be
Explain the difference between velocity, acceleration, and position.
Use the k
Physical Science Worksheet: Linear Kinematics
Pythagorean Theorem Questions
(1) Hawick is 15 miles south of Abbotsford, and Kelso is 17 miles east of Abbotsford. What is the
distance from Hawick to Kelso? Round your answer to the nearest tenth of a mile.
(2) A flagpole broke in a storm. It was origin
Density = mass/volume
Population density = # of people/area
1. You found an irregular piece of metal. You drop it into a container partially filled with water and
measure that the water level rose 4.8 cm. The square ba
SCCS General Physics Chapter 2 STUDY GUIDE
1. A car is moving with a uniform speed of 18.0 m/s along a straight path. What is the distance covered
by the car in 25.0 minutes?
2. Identify the following as vector or scalar quantities: displacement, di
Build a foundation of strength and endurance this month with upper-/lower-body
splits in a circuit format, as well as burning fat with two kinds of cardio and
Amandas Exclusive Better-Booty Workout.
Circular Motion and Gravitational Force
Circular Motion Objectives
Identify the velocity and direction of an object in uniform circular motion
Calculate the centripetal acceleration and force acting on an object
Indicate the direction of centripeta
Laws of Force
Understanding and applying the laws
governing motion and nature of
forces in the physical world, you will!
Calculate the effect of forces on objects;
including the law of inertia, the relationship
between force and accelerat
Vector quantities and 2-D kinematics
Vector quantities objectives
Represent vector quantities with arrows that are drawn to scale
Identify vector directions as north, south, east and west
Add and subtract vector quantities both graphically and alge
1 Semester Final Exam
1. After school, Wonder Woman and Supergirl drove to the mall to do some shopping. To get to the
mall they drove 2.4 km [N] and then 3.2 km [E]. What is the magnitude of the girls displacement
upon arriving at the mall?
October 15, 2010
How Slow Can You Go?
Define the Problem
Does the average car traveling down Briar Forest have enough time to stop at the
yellow light on Briar Home?
The average coefficien