1. Using porter's five industry forces map the soft-drink industry.
Threat of New Entrants is at a medium. There is no consumer switching cost and zero capital
requirement. Coca-Cola is seen as a brand and as a beverage. Loyal customers are not very likel
1. What is your recommendation for how Toyota should approach this situation?
Toyota should pay the fines but do not admit that they knowingly hid safety problems
in order to avoid a costly recall. Paying the find would help the look of the company and
1. In your opinion do the interpersonal conflicts in this group make it impossible for team members
to work together?
First thing first, this is work. Dont care about your personal life, personal opinions, keep it at home.
What matters is that the job get
1. How would you describe Masseys current approach to its ethical and social responsibility?
Masseys approach is used as a cover up to what actually happened. The number of people that have
died should alarm the company but they chose to continue being ne
1. What is your recommendation for how the company should proceed? Should it
take action on developing an alternative fuel network or wait until a dominant
I think they should take action on developing an alternative fuel network. Though th
1. The text describes a number of different approaches concerning organizational structure. which
do you think would be ideal for GM's success in China? Which of the structures would help GM
expand to other foreign markets?
I think the best organizational
1. How would you, as the manager of this company, deal with the risk associated
with doing business in countries that feel threatened by American culture?
The problem is the fact the people dont see themselves as part of the company. If they
dont see an i
1. What decision would you make, would you hire this person or reopen the search?
I would make the decision not to hire him. I would go through hell again if I had to. What if he decides to
do this on the night before he comes to work? His performance wil
1. What kind of training and evaluation program would you institute to change Home Depots
Have one on one practice, as to how the employees should handle customers. If a customer called to tell
of your great service you provided, you would be giv
How is this decision emblematic of your job as a manager?
The job of a manager is to make decisions that are innovated in creating more revenue.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of following competitors by charging for checked