Characteristics of Muscle Contraction and Skeletal Muscle
Muscle Twitch = the contraction of a muscle in response to a stimulus that lasts only a
On a myogram, the y-axis is the force of contraction and the x-axi
Chapter 15.1 Video Notes
The respiratory system is responsible for exchanging gases.
1. Gas exchange (O2 and H2O)
2. Regulation of blood pH
3. Olfaction - sense of smell
4. Immunity - hair, mucus membranes, and tons
The Muscular System
3 Types of Muscle Tissue
1) Skeletal muscle - attached to bones
2) Cardiac muscle
3) Smooth muscle
Cells are called skeletal muscle fibers
Long and cylindrical
4.2 Video Notes
8 Functions of connective tissue:
1) Encloses and separates organs and organ systems
2) Connects or binds other tissues together
3) Support and movement
4) Storage for energy
5) Cushion and insulation
8) Form str
16.2 Video Notes
Salivary glands secrete saliva which is composed of serous fluid (water), mucus,
salivary amylase (which digests the carbohydrate amylose). It also lubricates
8.1 Video Notes
Central Nervous System
Made up of 2 organs: the brain and the spinal cord.
2 Types of Neuronal Tissue
1) Gray Matter - consists of cell bodies and dendrites
2) White Matter - consists of myelinated axons
Chapter 12 Video Notes
Blood is the only liquid connective tissue in the body.
3 Primary functions
1. Transport - exchanges gases and nutrients between tissues and
2. Defense - blood cells can engulf pathogens and/or
Chapter 18 Video Notes - The Urinary System and Kidneys
Functions of the urinary system
1. Excretion - removal of metabolic waste
2. Regulation of blood pressure and volume
3. Regulation of the concentration of solutes in bl
Confidence Interval Act 8
1. A random sample of 650 high school students has a normal distribution. The sample
mean average ACT exam score was 21 with a 3.2 sample standard deviation. Construct
a 90% confidence interval estimate of the population mean ave
1. Unlike electronic media, letters are less likely to be forwarded, retrieved, misdirected,
intercepted or even inspected by unintended recipients. Additionally, letters demonstrate
thoughtful and deliberate communication.
2. When making a claim, it is s
Confidence Interval Activity 6
1. Use Statcrunch to find the two Z-scores that corresponds to the middle 95%. Draw a
picture showing the Z-scores and 95%. Remember that the area under the curve between
these Z-scores must be 0.95. Do you remember what mea
Confidence Intervals Act 10
1. A company wants to know the mean average amount of alcohol drunk by people vacationing
in Las Vegas per day. They posted a survey on Facebook asking how much people drink when
on vacation in Las Vegas. 8,355 people re
Confidence Interval Act 9
1. Notice the confidence intervals for sample means were different for each random sample.
Discuss the implications of sampling variability on the accuracy of a confidence interval from a
Confidence Interval Act 11
1. For a sample size of n = 5, find the degrees of freedom. Use the applet and the degrees of
freedom to find the critical t-values for 90%, 95% and 99% confidence. How do they compare
to the critical z-values?
The critical t-va
Confidence Interval Act 12
1. The videos refer to the term The distribution of sample means. Explain that phrase to a person
that does not know statistics.
It is a theoretical distribution of the values that the mean of a sample takes on in all the possib
Confidence Interval Act 14
1. The ACT exam is used by many colleges to test the readiness of high school students for
college. Many high school students are now taking ACT prep classes. A local high school
offers an ACT prep class, but wants to know if it
11. Disclosing personal matters online could sometimes hamper a persons job search. Some employers
use social media to examine the history or background of the person they are trying to hire.
12. I think technology diminishes personal relationships howeve
Hi! My name is Paolo and I am a Business Marketing major. This is my second year at COC and
I am planning to get my AA in marketing. I am hoping that I would be able to transfer at CSUN
in Fall of 2018.
I enjoy sports especially basketball and football. I
An account is a part of the financial information system and is described by all except which
of the following?
An account has a title.
An account may be part of a manual accounting system.
An account is a source document.
An account has a debit and cr
The nitrogen cycle:
All proteins and nucleic
a DNAnucleotide are shown here. The cycling of nitrogen is critical to life.
Bacteria play a crucial role in recycling nitrogen between the atmosphere, the
soil, and li