It was great to meet you all today!
Please take a look in the Week 2 folder in Bb ASAP so you know what is expected of
you before we meet again next week. There are two assignments due between now
Register in Launch Pad (11:30am class: I incorre
Biological Psychology Review Questions
1. All nerves that are not a part of the brain or spinal cord are members of the
_Peripheral _ _Nervous_
2. Cell body of the neuron is the what? Receives information from dendrites.
- Cells life su
23 August, 2016
What is Psychology?
I: Psychological Science is born
a. Psychologys Roots
- Wundt creates the first psychological apparatus in December 1879, a machine that registered
how fast peopl
Outer Ear: Receives sound waves and directs them into the auditory canal
Auditory Canal: Directs the sound waves to the ear drum
Ear Drum: gives the sound waves to the inner ear bones (hammer, anvil, and stirrup)
Hammer, Anvil, stirrup: amplify the soun
SOFIA VERA VALDEZ
INSTRUCTOR: KATHY J. EDWARDS
Behavior I Want to Change
Habit of regularly sleeping late
It is unhealthy.
It greatly affects my body
even though I still get to sleep
for 7 or
Study Guide Chapter 3
Developing Through the Life Span
1. Teratogens- An agent, such as a chemical or virus, that can reach the embryo or fetus during
prenatal development and cause harm.
2. Maturation- is the process of developmen
Kohlbergs Example of a Moral Idea Assignement
A woman in Nampa was dying from a rare disease. Her only hope was a drug
that a local druggist had discovered. The druggist was charging ten times
Chapter 4: Gender and Sexuality Study Guide
1. Gender: The role and characteristics that culture expects from those
defined as male and female.
Gender and aggression (are men more aggressive than women?)
Running head: Spirituality Interview Paper
Spirituality Interview and Student Personal Reaction Paper.
Interviewee: Ryan Speiser
Tiffani K. Mathes
College of Western Idaho
This is an assignment for psychology 211, Death and Dying wher
Brain Use While Driving Assignment
Instructions: How might each of the following parts of the brain be
active while we drive a car?
Cerebellum: This part of the brain would be active when using ones hand
Chapter 5 Study Guide: Perception and Sensation
1. Sensation- The process by which our sensory receptors and nervous
system receive and represent stimulus energies from our environment.
2. Perception- The process by which our brain
Full Name: Andrew Barrios
Class Day/Time: Tues, 4
Psychology is a Science!
To answer questions about human behavior and mental processes, psychologists use the scientific method. Please
respond to the questions below in sentence format using your textbook
Psych 201 Essay 2
Experience-dependent brain development is the opposite of experience-expectant where
expectant is what I like to call the preparation of brain development and dependent is the
development of the brain out of a re
1 October 2016
Chapter 8: DPA
Down Syndrome: My cousin, Rex, has down syndrome.
Mental Age: My dads friends son, has a mental age of 8, even though he is 23.
Grammar: The English grammar is ver
Psychology Chapter 1 DPA
Hindsight bias: I knew all along my co-worker would be fired. I believe thats because of
my hindsight bias.
Critical thinker: I always ask who, what, where, when, and why. Id consider myself a
24 September 2016
Chapter 7: DPA
1. Memory: I have a memory of me breaking arm when I was 8.
2. Recall: When I have a fill in the blank question on a test, I recall the answer.
3. Relearn: When finals are com