1. Chapter 4 of Steger: Political Dimension of Globalization, pp. 58-63
2. U.N. Charter, Chapter 1, Article 2, Sections 1 and 4
Read the assignments above.
Then write a paragraph or two in answer to each of the following questions:
One Law (A) Journal
Peter Singer, One World, Chapter 4, One Law, pp. 106-127
Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan, Ch. XVII, OF THE CAUSES, GENERATION, AND
DEFINITION OF A COMMONWEALTH Online eLearning Resource
Recommendation: type this out in a Word doc
A. Chapter 4 of Steger: Political Dimension of Globalization.
B. Notes on Steger, Chapter 4, by RAB
C. Notes on Westphalian State Sovereignty, by RAB
1. What are the major features of the nation-state?
The nation-state is a political unit consis
GL 111 Introduction to Global Studies
2. Globalization and History
Reading: Chapter 2 of Steger: Globalization and history: is globalization new?
Manfred B. Steger, Globalization: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford) 2009.
Uploaded in Unit 1 in eLearning
Assignment 17: Oral Reflection
After finishing the Introduction to Global Studies course with Professor Bourgeois, Id have to
say I learned a lot about the concept of globalization. When I first came into to class, I had no
understanding of what globaliza
Great Debate: Summary of Principles, Pros and Cons
Resolved: that genocide and crimes against humanity justify humanitarian intervention.
Take a stand against horrific crimes
Establish principle that crimes against
humanity will not be tolerated
Introduction to Global Studies
1. The major features of the nation-state are sovereignty, population, territory, and
government. The nation part refers to a sense of common identity usually based
on common culture and lang
Assignment 16: Ecological Dimension of Globalization
1. The relevance of cultural values to the threat to ecosystems is the impact of natural and manmade disasters such as the horrifying nuclear plant accidents at Chernobyl, Ukraine (1986), and
February 10, 2015
Oil Wells Problems
Oil wells have always been an important resource of the United States; however, they can cause
many problems for other countries such as Nigeria. According to the Department of Pe
a. Pope Francis is talking about the necessary steps that have to be taken to improve a
persons welfare such as health care, education, and communication. According to the
charts, you can see the life expectancy of people is increasing over the