COR 100 (7430)
PROFESSOR DIXON LECTURE 1 PART 1&2
Between the 1750 and 1760 America was more than 13 British colonies, in the 1750 there was
also a population of 3 million people where 50 % were Native Americans. They spr
The field of social work service that I felt most connected to and someday may make a
profession out of would be mental health services for children and adults. The agency I chose
that fulfills the needs of these children and ad
Name: Tevin Kanu
Document Title 28. Abraham Lincoln First Inaugural Address 1861
The constitution does not specifically contain any authorization for a state to secede from the union.
Therefore, if a right of secession
Name: Tevin Kanu
Document Title 26. John Brown Final Statement 1859
John Browns act against slavery are seen in a different light because of how extreme he was, while
other abolitionists made speeches and try to change
Name: Tevin Kanu
Document Title 29. Abraham Lincoln The Emancipation Proclamation
President Lincoln justified the Emancipation Proclamation as a war measure intended to cripple the
Confederacy. Being careful to respect
Document # 19
1. Luther Martin is arguing against Constitution. He doesnt agree that government should
have so much power over people. One of the reasons Martin opposes a strong centralized
government is that the government can c
Documents: 11, 14, 18
Document # 11
1) The rights that are protected with The Virginia Bill of Rights are: the enjoyment of life
and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining
happiness and safety.
Volume 2. Documents: 2, 3, 5, 6
Document # 2
1. Blacks didnt rebel because they were scared and the thought their life was not so bad.
2. The slave owners were scared that the slaves would learn how to write and read because
the owners thought th
Volume 2. Documents: 9, 11, 13, 17
Document # 9
1. Douglasss central argument is that 4th of July should not be celebrated as a great day. He
argues that slave owners shouldnt never be forgiven.
2. Since Douglasss tone is almost insulting, his au
Each student will research biographical data on the assigned Senator or another role if
See the attached format for the biographical essay.
Each students should research the following topics:
o The con
Debate: (5 minutes) Chief Justice Chase will propose that the Senate follow
standard judicial procedures on presentation of evidence and examination of
Caucus: (10 minutes): Senators will meet in groups suggested by their r
CORE 100: US, Ideas, Institutions & Issues
Statement of Goals for Core Syllabus
Nearly every college and university in the United States approaches undergraduate
education in the same way: first, a broad introduction to the ways modern men and
COR 100 HW 5
1. British Strategy in the South On the coast, Britain fought the last of their battles.
Believed that they would have more of a following from the Loyalists in the South.
2. Britain and African American Slaves encouraged slaves to leave thei
COR 100 HW 4
1. Common Sense - is a pamphlet written by Thomas Paine. It was first published
anonymously on January 10, 1776, at the beginning of the American Revolution.
Common Sense was signed "Written by an Englishman", and it became an immediate
COR 100 HW 2
1. Tea Act - an Act of the Parliament of Great Britain. Its principal overt objective was to
reduce the massive surplus of tea held by the financially troubled British East India
Company in its London warehouses and to help the struggling com
COR 100 HW 1
1. French & Indian War - American name for the North American theater of the Seven
Years' War. The war was fought primarily between the colonies of British America and
New France, with both sides supported by military units from their parent