1. An activity that fulfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it is known as:
2. According to the primate city rule, the largest settlement has: more than twice as many people as
the second ranking settlement
1. The term cottage industry was used to refer to: home-based manufacturing
2. Which one of the following industries was not directly impacted by the onset of the Industrial
3. Which one of the following countries dominated world p
1. Today, it is estimated that about 250,000 (quarter-million) people still survive by hunting and gathering
rather than by agriculture.
2. The first domestication of crops and animals occurred about 10,000 years ago.
3.It is believed that the firs
1. According to the textbook, one-fifth of the world living in the developed world consumes of the
2. The UNs Human Development Index (HDI) takes into account three factors. These are: A decent
standard of living, access to
Final Study Guide
The final will consist of 35 multiple choice questions, each worth 2
points, and 12 short answer questions, each worth 5 points, for a total
of 130 points. There will be material from both lecture and the
What percentage of water on earth is freshwater (drinkable) water?
Do plants respire?
What classification of creature is at the bottom of the food chain?
What biome is found only in the northern hemisphere?
How do we designate location on the
What are the three aspects of Place?
How do we group similar places?
What systems connect all places?
The Study of Spatial Variation