m Review Tat Suhm x
(- -) C I H hms/lbblearnhi-r;edulwebappslassessmenUreviewfrevieszp?auempt_id=_12410682_1Mourse_rd=_42426_1Bu:ontent_id=_5455987_1Btreturn_aontent=1atstep= it A E
G Goggle B JuhsiIngmssive G PNC Pathnder 9 mehmmy lodgir FalMiahDSleSO: n
1. A virtual machine shares its IP address with the host. True or False?
2. Whats the term for a virtual machine using the hardware resources of a physical computer?
3. Whats the ter
1. There can be multiple root directories in Linux. True or False?
The answer is false.
2. Describe a benefit of the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS).
The benefit is that users can find the corre
1. Which of the following directories should you back up regularly? (Choose all that apply.)
2. An employee named Andrea wants to back up an entire home directory in a file. Which o
1. Whats the main purpose of a text editor?
The main purpose is to create a file that could be used by another program, and another
purpose is to create a shell script.
2. What vim mode are you usin
Real Problem 7-1
1. The Windows 8/7 Snipping Tool can help you take screen shots of the Windows desktop. These
screen shots are useful when documenting computer problems and solutions. Use Windows
Help and Support to
1. List four major functions of an OS.
The four main functions of an OS are providing a user interface, manage files, manage
hardware, and managing applications.
2. Which app do you use on the Windows
Reviewing The Basics
1. How much free space on the hard drive is required to install a 64-bit version of Windows 8.1?
You need 20GB of free space on the hard drive.
2. How do you start the process to reinstall an OS
1. Which of the following commands is used to modify permissions on a file?
2. The notation rw-rrmeans the group has which of the following permissions?
b. Read and write
3. The notation rw
1. The Linux kernel is part of the operating system. True or False?
2. What do users need to communicate with computers?
C. An interface
3. Most Linux distributions have a GUI, so a command-li
ITNT 2380 Chapter 2 Review
1.) False, a Virtual machine has its own OS, IP address, and applications.
2.) The term for a virtual machine that uses the hardware resources of a physical
computer is Guest.
3.) The term for the physical computer on which a vi
Chapter 10 Review
1.) Apache Web Server is a software that can be downloaded for free and it is open
2.) Apache is packaged with OpenSUSE but it is not installed by default
3.) The YaST application used to install Apache is software management
Chapter 7 Review
1.) The Linux configuration file that contains users passwords and can only be read by root
2.) The Linux configuration file that contains users default information such as UID and GID
ranges is /etc/login.defs
3.) The UID
ITNT 2380 Chapter 5 Review
1.) The command used to modify permissions on a file is chmod
2.) The notation rw-rrmeans the file owner has read and write permissions
3.) The notation rwxrw-rmeans the group has read and write permissions
4.) The notation rw-r
Chapter 6 Review
1.) You should regularly backup /home and /etc directories
2.) To back up her entire home directory Andrea should type the following command tar
cvf home.tar /home/andrea
To list all members in the project.tar archive you
ITNT 2380 Chapter 1 Review
1.) True. The kernel is a core part of the Linux operating system that performs the most basic
2.) For people to communicate or interact with machines, they need a user interface. C.)
3.) False, al
ITNT 2380 Chapter 12 Review
MUA is the Linux email application for users
MTA uses SMTP to send and receive email on a network
SMTP defines how email is sent across the network
Sendmail is an MTA
MTA is responsible for receiving emails
Chapter 8 Review
False, there are dozens of protocols within the TCP/IP suite
The three layers of the TCP/IP model are Application, Transport, Internet
The starting point for a packet in TCP/IP is the internet layer
The layer at the top of
ITNT 2380 Chapter 3 Review
1.) False. In Linux distributions there can be only one root directory.
2.) A benefit of the File system Hierarchy Standard is that users are able to find the correct
configuration files regardless of the Linux distribution. It
ITNT 2380 Chapter 4 Review
1.) Text editors are programs that enable users to create or edit plain text files.
2.) if you press keys to perform tasks instead of inserting text you are using the command mode.
An example of this is the use of keys for navig
ITNT 2380 Chapter 11 Review
BIND is the Linux DNS software
False. DNS is a distributed database
True. The local DNS server doesnt contain information on every internet hostname
A forwarder server sends unknown DNS requests to a
Chapter 9 Review
1.) Packages with RPM have the advantages of upgrading, uninstalling, querying, and
2.) The commands that can be used to install an RPM on a system when no previous version
has been installed are rpm I software_package or U
Cuyahoga Community College
Linux Administration - 82907 - ITNT2380 - 0
Fall Semester, 2016
Part-Time and Evening Faculty Office 2nd floor
Linux Operations and Administration, ISBN 111103530X
Chapter 4 Solutions
Whats the main purpose of a text editor?
The main purpose is to create a file that can be used by another program. For instance, text files
Linux Operations and Administration, ISBN 111103530X
Chapter 1 Solutions
The Linux kernel is part of the operating system. True or False?
What do users need to communicate with computers?
c. An interface