Chemistry 2310 Exam 1 Review
1. Identify the allylic halide(s).
A) only II
B) I and II
C) I and IV D) I, III, and IV
2. Which of the following carbocations is the most stable?
Which compound undergoes 1,4-addition with Br2?
4. Which of the following is
Chambliss and Eglitis, Discover Sociology
CHAPTER 2 TAKE-HOME EXAM WITH ANSWERS
Chambliss and Eglitis, Discover Sociology, 2nd Edition
Chapter 2, Discover Sociological Research
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
1. The process of gathering empi
Response Paper Instructions
Write a response to ONE of the poems that you have read for this unit. Here are some
points to keep in mind:
1) Your paper should be organized by an argument you wish to make about the poem.
2) In developing this argument, you
January 24, 2017
The "On the Late Massacre was written by John Milton in the middle ages. The poem
was written for the "Slaughter of the Waldensian; was a movement also is known as The poor
of Lyons in France an
Answers: a. atmospheres
Chapter 1 Worksheet
1. Which of the following is an example of matter?
a. the light of a flame
b. the sound of thunder
c. the air you breathe
d. None of these are matter.
2. Which of the following is a chemical property of gold?
Chapter 4 Worksheet
1. What is the molecular weight of ibuprofen, C13H18O2?
a. 29.0 amu
b. 206.3 amu
c. 289.4 amu
d. 377.7 amu
2. What is the formula weight of barium phosphate, Ba3(PO4) 2?
a. 232.3 amu
b. 537.9 amu
c. 559.6 amu
d. 601.9 amu
Chapter 3 Worksheet
1. Which of the following is true in general of all cations?
a. A cation has equal numbers of protons and electrons.
b. A cation has fewer protons than electrons.
c. A cation has more protons than electrons.
d. A cation has more proton
Chapter 2 Worksheet
1. Which of the following statements describe a compound?
a. A compound is a pure substance.
b. A compound obeys the law of constant composition.
c. both a and b
d. neither a nor b
2. Zinc can be uniformly mixed in differing
1. Analyzing the information that we took from the lab, we got exactly all three spatial
distribution. Putting them in perspective and going over the variance-to-mean ratio with the
slides from the lab they were almost spot on. The Red-Capped Introverts v
What is a common function of enolates?
In keto-enol equilibrium for carbonyl compounds which form tends to be favored?
an enol was a what intermediate, that its formation was what , an
nucleophilic substitution reaction products
List the reactivity of from least reactive to most: ethyl acetate, acetyl chloride, acetamide, acetic anhydride
How does reactivity relate to stab
METAL AND NON-METAL BOND
BETWEEN 2+ NON METALS
BETWEEN 2+ METALS
Stronger bonds have larger
difference in electronegativity
STRONG BONDS, Electrostatic
HIGH MELTING POINTS,
ELECTRONS MOVE MORE
Helpful Chemistry Tables
g microgram (mcg)
Chemical property. Oxygen gas is consumed in a combustion reaction; its composition and identity
Chemical property. The fertilizer is consumed by the growing plants; it is turned into vegetable
matter (different composition).
Tim: Same poies (UH noT come T096“:—
ws-anuf Harte wheul repelagqhtsf mg” «Hath
wm‘f ﬂow-mama -fnt Same poles “Yoga-they»
3h 0; line“? postman *qu rcptl “HAL OTHKP
‘ in an upward oPdeard difﬁci‘ten,
_ The CqUI-.[&f£rul franc)“:
You have used Lewis structures to understand the structure of ions and molecules, and provide
a first step in understanding the shape and properties of a molecule. NMR spectroscopy can be
used to obtain information about the
(from LABORATORY EXPERIMENTS FOR GENERAL CHEMISTRY
LABORATORY I, 4th Edition, by Lois Hansen-Polcar)
Metathesis reactions, also called double-replacement reactions, are reactions between ions